Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Trunk or Treat 2012







So sorry for the no posts for so long. It has been a long, insane couple of weeks. I'll explain in a moment. But first, let me tell you about Trunk or Treat. On the 21st, we went to the annual multiples club Trunk or Treat with our Avengers themed trunk. And for the first time in 3 years, we didn't win anything! That is OK though, some other people came up with cuter trunks than we did. This was a hard theme, and combined with other busy things going on it didn't turn out as fun as my trunks have before. But, the kids loved it and it was a gorgeous day for being outside!! So all in all, it was a win!


Dayna Lynn Buss
1977- 2012



 



Here is the reason why things have been kind of messed up for me this week. On October 30th, my best friend Dayna passed away after a 2 year long fight with cervical cancer. She and I have been best friends since I moved to Lincoln, our sophomore year of high school. She was such a wonderful friend and the nicest person I've ever known, so this has been hard. I got to see her before she passed away. And while she didn't look like the Dayna I had always known, and it was extremely hard to see her in that state, I think she knew I was there and that she knew how much I loved her. That was Monday, and she passed away on Tuesday.  By the weekend, our friend Denise was in town and Brian and I spent the weekend with all of our friends. We went to the church and said goodbye to Dayna on Sunday afternoon. It was an extremely hard day. Our group of friends sang a song at her service, and it turned out lovely. So, as I said, it's been a bitter pill to swallow, losing your 35 year old friend to cancer, but I know she 's in a better place where she's not sick. That gives me comfort. Your prayers for her family during this hard time is appreciated!

1 comment:

Quinn's Diary said...

Hey Erin - I'm so sorry for your loss, and will pray for you and Dayna and her family and friends. I have been praying for her on and off since you blogged about it! On a happier note, I have been checking your blog a lot lately to see what your kids would be for halloween, as they are always so crazy cute!
Blessings to you, your family, and friends. I can't imagine what you are going through, but she was lucky to have you, and you her!