



Sorry for the late update this week. It was my turn to be sick this week, I've had stomach flu for the last two days, and I thought they were only supposed to be 24 hr things. This one was not. It's 48 hours later and I'm still not feeling 100% better. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight and I'm desperately hoping none of the kids get it. Brian has a touch of it, too, but not enough to keep him from work. Thursday, I was so sick and tired that Ellen had mercy on me and took the kids to church with her for a couple of hours and gave them lunch so I could rest. Then, thank God they took a good nap that afternoon! It really, really has to be spring soon!
The kids have slight runny noses and the boys have needed some albuterol here and there for chest congestion and coughing, but nothing serious. No fevers and sleep has not been interrupted.
Everyone is doing well. There is no real big news to report. We are just enjoying our mostly healthy days. It is so pleasant around here when they're not sick! I don't feel like leaving the country at the end of the day anymore! We've been here and there this week, lots of outside time on the nice days, with the usual outings to the library, church and grandparent's houses. No museum this week, although we may go play there next week. I have noticed in the couple times we've played outside or at the park lately that they are much more daring and free. They walk away from me more, go wherever they want and just generally aren't afraid of doing anything anymore. I also find myself not worrying about where they are EVERY second, because they can handle themselves better. (I don't cringe everytime I see them try to navigate a set of stairs.)
Will thinks it's fun to drive his car to the top of the driveway, give himself a push and go down really fast. The first time I though he would let himself go into the street, but he didn't, he stopped at the sidewalk before I said something to him. All the rest of the times, he either drove himself into the grass (which is funny) or stopped himself at the sidewalk. It's nice that he knows what he should do and I don't have to really worry about it.
Xander has come out of his shell a little lately. He's been talking to people at church that he would have shied away from before. He's even ventured into other rooms and offices on his own, which is hugely surprising. Although, I say he's becoming less shy and I came home from the hair salon this afternoon with my hair straightened and cut shorter and he didn't recognize me and took him about 15 minutes to figure out it was me and come over to me. I guess I know what he thinks of my straightened hair.
Grace has been funny lately. She has been miss bubbly personality, and on the flip side, miss ornery. She has been doing funny things, saying funny things and being happy and silly. And then a couple minutes later, do things to her brothers to make them mad, or do something I had just told her not to do. She is very conversational and talks back and forth using phrases like "OK" "there you go" and "here it is". She's also a know-it-all. If you ask one of the boys a question, she'll answer quickly and loudly before they have a chance to. She's been very huggy and kissy lately and enjoys poking eyes and climbing all over you.
Brian took these pictures of them before their bath tonight. They like running around the house with no clothes on. It took us a good 10 minutes to get them corraled and into the bathtub. You can see how tall they are getting when they don't have clothes on. The boys are very nearly needing 3T sizes in all their clothes and Grace is finally starting to fill out her 24 month/2T things, FINALLY! The bottom picture is Xander and Grace laying on the couch and "foot fighting". Kara and I used to do that all the time. They enjoyed themselves.
I will post some pictures on Saturday next week after our Easter Egg hunt at church, their first ever Easter egg hunt. I think it will be a nice time, providing the weather is decent. Thanks for looking and talk to you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment