![]() |
| Lost in Fun and Children's Museum |
Sorry for the late post this week. We have finally started to settle back into our normal routine after TWO weeks with daddy being home from work. I have to say, it was really nice to share the workload with someone. I could definitely get used to having him here all the time. We did a lot over the week between Christmas and New Year's. Some household projects, but mostly fun things. The pictures are of when we took the kids to the other indoor playground called Lost In Fun. I think I've mentioned it before. They had fun, but it was incredibly crowded. We actually left a little earlier that morning than we might have if it hadn't been so crowded. Fun, nonetheless. The day after New Year's we watched Carter for the day. We took all 4 kids to the museum in the morning, then after naps, to the mall for playing and dinner. It was a fun day and it was nice to spend some time with Carter.
In the midst of all that, we hit the library a couple of times, the kids all spent the night with each of the the grandparents and we visited other family in town. We also had some family movie nights. I even managed a day of scrapbooking somewhere in there. We let them watch a couple of their new Disney DVDs they got for Christmas. They really like them and they sit very well for a 90 minute movie.
Brian and I did some house work, mostly cleaning up old toys and unpacking new toys. We also had to clean up the workroom, Santa left a huge mess after making the train table in there! Glad to say that all the new toys are unpacked and organized and they are really enjoying everything. We have also reclaimed our living room. About 90% of their toys are now located in the basement or in their bedrooms. I have even been putting out all my little decorative shelves and tables. It is starting to look like it did "pre-triplets". Another development was that we removed the gate from the top of the stairs. Not a huge deal, but it does give the kids the freedom to go up and down as they choose. Sometimes we can't find them and they have just wandered downstairs to play trains. For the most part, they can play nicely down there by themselves for a while. They make a huge mess, though! They are so into piling everything they own into a "train" or "car". One day the emptied the ENTIRE contents of the playroom (furniture, play kitchen and all) into the main part of the basement to make a "train". It took forever to clean it up. Today they piled every toy from Grace's bedroom on her bed that was a "car".
Another small but notable development in the house is that they're now using their high chairs as boosters instead of with a tray. It makes them look so grown up to sit at the table, and I have less to clean up.
Potty training was a sore subject for us over the break. Sad to say, Will had a HUGE regression. He went from almost accident free, to having 3 and 4 accidents a day. We have no idea why. We have several theories floating around. Brian and I think he's just doing it to be naughty. I also wonder if the change in schedule/having Brian at home so much was throwing him off. My mom thinks that he just can't be bothered to stop playing so he just pees. Apparently my sisted used to do that all the time (sorry Kara). Dale and Ellen think it's a combination of all those things. It has gotten a little better since Brian went back to work, but we're still having poopy accidents more than we used to. Grace and Xander are fine. However, on the bright side of things, we have been in a lot of typically germ infested places lately and no one is sick!!! That is wonderful! Will's asthma has been under control with no flare up in the last month and a half and it really makes life so much nicer.
Well, today is their birthday. We're not celebrating, as you know, but I will post some pictures with a little update about each at three years old. We also have several Dr. appts this week and next, so I'll update you on those, too. Take care everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment