Monday, May 23, 2011

Long overdue but still very exciting!



We finally did something this weekend that we should have done months (even maybe years) ago. We FINALLY made the boys' beds into bunk beds! Keep in mind, they've had these beds since they were 2 1/2 and we knew we would wait a while before we stacked them. But, the time kind of got away from us and we just never got around to it. Finally, we had a free weekend (and had been talking about it forever and the boys had been begging us forever) so we just did it. Good thing we had a relatively unbusy weekend, because we had to re-arrange the room and reassembling the beds to bunk them too FOREVER! We were at it until almost 8:00 that night. But, the result is great. The boys have a ton of space to play in their room and they LOVE their beds. I got to dust and vacuum the room really well, so we are all happy! My only concern is how close Will's head comes to the ceiling fan, it's really close. I think I've warned him to be careful enough times that he pays attention to it now. Brian was really happy with me when I asked him to help me paint our bedroom on Sunday (pictures of that will come when I get all the redecorating done), so overall it was a home improvement weekend! Glad to be tackling some of these projects, like end up doing every summer!

No comments: