To make up for several posts this year with no pictures, I am on picture overload on this post. We've had an insanely busy spring, hardly time to breathe. But, I've gotten lots of pictures out of it! This is chronological, so you'll be caught up with us through the end of this school year!
Piano recital pictures....Here are the pictures of the kids from my piano recital on May 5th. See my previous post for videos of the recital.
A few days later was Grace's ceremony bridging her Girl Scout troop from Daisy Scouts to Brownies. They had a little ceremony where they talked about what they had done all year, then they ceremoniously walked across this brown bridge at a park, from their old leader to their new ones, signifying their change into Brownie Scouts. Then we ate brownies, how fitting!
Her whole troop. Lots of girls she's friends with in this picture!
The next night was our Mother's Day dinner with the Niebuhrs. We grilled out at Lisa and Chad's house and played with the cousins. A fun night!
The kids with Grandma Ellen and Oma.
A few nights after that was crazy Olympics with the boys' boy scout troop. Here's a few shots Brian took on his phone. That was a particularly crazy night as we went from choir picnic, to soccer practice to Crazy Olympics, all within 3 hours of each other. I felt like a taxi!
In the midst of all this, we still had soccer practices and games. Grace had her final games, but the boys' got cancelled because of thunderstorms that day. Anyway, here are some pictures from the final soccer games.
Finally, in one last super crazy day (which happened to be last Saturday) Grace had a dance recital in the morning. Here are a few pictures from that. I was not allowed to record it, I'll have to buy a professional recording. Once I get it, I can post video.
With her teacher, Sara.
Directly after the dance recital, Grace rushed home to change for her final soccer game. In the meantime, the boys and I went to my moms to prepare for the baby shower we gave Meagan. She is due in early July, so we were glad to get a shower for our family in for her before the baby came. Grace showed up after her soccer game, and we all had a nice afternoon.
To finish off the busy day, all three of the kids went to a birthday party at Solid Rock gymnastics while Brian and I enjoyed a nice dinner of Thai food. Then we all came home and collapsed!
So, as you can see, we've had a lot of photo opportunities lately! Only 3 more days of school left, and I think the kids (and I) are ready for a break. We are still doing piano lessons for the summer, but much more relaxed with not so much practicing. I am also done teaching for a while. I think some of my piano students will stay for the summer, but only a few and sporadically. Things at church are winding down, too. We're done with bells and weekly kids' choir rehearsals, which has also lightened our schedule a lot!
Our next adventure begins on Memorial Day when we leave for our 10 day vacation extravaganza! We could be crazy, we'll let you know on June 6th when we get back. I'll post here and there along the way, if I can. Otherwise, look for huge posts when we get back! Happy start of summer vacation!



No comments:
Post a Comment