Well, the first day and first several weeks of school have come and gone and I am just now getting these pictures posted for you! The kids are loving 2nd grade, they're doing great. It's fun to see them jump right back into the swing of school and learning - and jump in we did! It seems we're busier than ever this fall, but everyone seems to be handling it well.
2nd grade!
Our traditional after school pictures in front of the sign at school. This followed our 1st day of school tradition to walk to get ice cream with all the neighborhood kids and moms. We raided Cherry Berry and made a huge noise and brought a huge crowd with us, but it's a tradition all the kids love!
As I mentioned before, my mom had some surgery on the 16th of August. All is well, and she is doing fine, if a little bored at home. But, I have been subbing full-time for her since the 16th, and boy is there a reason I've never worked full time! Holy cow, is it busy and exhausting! Since her school is a late start school, it doesn't get out until 3:45, which means I don't get home until around 4:15. Then, it's straight off to after school activities, including piano, dance, and karate for the kids, and my piano lessons. Add to that bells, soccer practice and scouts in the evenings, and trying to cook healthy dinners and we are swamped. Good thing we have reliable babysitters who are here after school and help the kids get homework and piano practicing done! And a huge thanks to the grandmas who seem to play taxi at least once a week for us!
The kids are loving all their activities, though. Will is in love with his karate class. He loves showing off his defense moves. Grace likes her new dance class, although it is a new class in a new studio, so she's still a little shy. I think once she gets to know the girls she'll be better. So far, Xander hasn't found an extra activity that he wants to do, but we keep our eyes open for anything he might like and maybe someday he'll find something. That's about all our news for now, I'll post more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment