Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Big Bang Theory Trunk or Treat
Here are some pics from the kids at Halloween at our multiples club trunk or treat. Sorry it's taken so long for me to get them up! So busy these days! Anyway, if you are not familiar with the Big Bang Theory, that is who the kids dressed up as. It is a pretty entertaining show about 2 geeky guys that live in an apartment, they are scientists and huge geeks, and the cute waitress that lives across the hall. The boys dressed up as Leonard and Sheldon, the two geeky guys. Grace was Penny, the Cheesecake Factory waitress. I think we did a pretty darn good job on their costumes. Here are the pictures we modeled the costumes after.
Ellen sewed the yellow vest and little green apron, and we added a white shirt, denim skirt and some flat shoes. I think she looks like a pretty good Penny!
Leonard's typical dress is a t-shirt, hoodie, jacket, jeans or pants and Chuck Taylor sneakers. Somehow Will found those nerd glasses in his bedroom, so we added those, too. A good match!
Sheldon always wears some sort of super hero t-shirt, in this case we chose a Green Lantern shirt, with a long-sleeve shirt under pulled up to his elbows. He always wears slacks of varying colors, we chose navy. Brown shoes complete the outfit. I think we did a nice job on matching this one, too!
Not a lot of people got the kids' outfits, only those who were really familiar with the show. But the ones who did get it, thought it was clever! I even did a few things that were out of character for me, although nothing came of them. I entered them in a multiples Halloween costume contest on Facebook and I tweeted a picture of them to #bigbangtheory. As I said, nothing came of either one of those actions, but it was still fun to put their clever costumes out there for everyone to see, the kids were certainly proud of their creations. Did I mention that these costumes were their idea? They actually were! I was prepared to let them be whatever they wanted, and not matching. Hope you all had a happy Halloween. I'll try to post more later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment