Saturday, April 04, 2015

Singing at the Lied Center!


Sorry about the less than great pictures! It was really bright out! So the kids were invited by the music director at our church to sing in a children's choir festival on Saturday, March 21st. They spent the morning at First Plymouth learning the songs and doing some other fun activities (the kids got to play handbells and see their big pipe organ). Then they had to meet up with the group at the Lied Center in the evening to participate in the "Nebraska Sings" concert. It was a concert made up of choirs from Nebraska. It was really neat to see the kids up on that big stage singing in their first big choir (they sing in the children's choir at church but there's only 9 of them!). The concert was nice, it ran a little late (we got home at 10:45) but I think the kids had a great time. Xander tried not to admit it, but he enjoyed singing on the big stage. He said to me later "I'll never tell you I had a good time!" Grace has performed at the Lied Center twice now and has a dance recital there again next month. She will have officially performed there more times than me! They professionally recorded the concert. If I ever get a recording or see it on You Tube, I'll post it!

No comments: