Friday, November 20, 2015

Fall happenings

It's been a busy fall, filled with some new things and things we do every year. I'm jamming two months worth of a pictures into this one post and will try to keep it brief.

We've been keeping busy with all of our normal activities in the fall: piano, soccer, dance and scouts. Something that has been different was that now the kids are playing string instruments and have a second instrument to practice everyday! We had to make a schedule of when each person practices piano and strings. So far, I think they are doing well at fitting everything in. Grace's dance class is on Saturday mornings, which was a hard adjustment with soccer on Saturdays but now that soccer is over, it's nice not to jam dance in during the week.

Here are some other things happenings:

Grace and her brownie troop "bridging" into Juniors.  


We went to the Children's museum for Sebastian's birthday party in September. We hadn't been there in years, but I just had to get a picture of them in the big red chair. Funny enough, they sat in the same order as the last time I took a picture of them in that chair, 2011. I am always marveling at how grown-up they are looking!!!
2015
 2011 - look how little they are!

Soccer was a great season. I think the soccer camp this summer really improved their skills and confidence. They did a great job. And as always, we like the team and coaches! 

The boys' team - Real Madrid.

Grace's team - Shock!

Since Scouts weren't going camping this fall, we took our own family campout to Mahoney. I even went along this time! We did a little hiking, went to the melodrama at the theater and ate hotdogs over the campfire. The next morning, we got up, packed up and went to Vala's. Because of our Disney trip, several weekends before Halloween were taken up and we wouldn't have had any other time to make it to a pumpkin patch. It was very crowded and a little hot that day, but we still had fun.




A couple of picture from Vala's. I didn't have my camera with me, so these came from the phones.

The boys' cake for the boy scout cake auction. A campfire. Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!



No comments: