


Well, the boys and getting closer and closer to crawling everyday. Especially Xander. He gets up on all fours and rocks and pushes forward. Today, I even saw him crawl a couple steps forward. When that fails, the army crawl gets him to that desired place. Not long now until he's tearing around the room! Will gets up on all fours and rocks, but then splats. He still rolls where he needs to go. He will push himself backwards while on all fours, especially on the wood floor. He thinks that's great fun. Grace is still getting by just being on all fours and staying there, although I have seen her go from sitting to all fours by herself. That's a step in the right direction. When she feels the need to go somewhere, I'm sure she'll find a way. The boys have also figured out how to go forward in their walkers. So, I've been finding Xander playing with all sorts of kitchen things (see middle picture, he found that the drawers open!). Brian installed a latching gate at the top of the stairs and we've put away all low decorations, lamps, plants and installed outlet covers. Our next project this weekend is cabinet and drawer latches.
They are eating very well. They're trying all sorts of new things, the newest, beans. So far, pinto and black beans are pretty good. We've also been giving them fruit and veggie puffs and cheerios. They don't always make it into their mouths with the finger food, but the practice is good and they seem to like them. I'm trying to transition into chunkier, more finger type food. The sooner they can feed themselves, the better it is for me! The boys are very good at holding their own bottles, and do it frequently. Grace would rather someone do it for her (surprise, surprise). We're getting to the point where we don't always have to have help at feeding times, but it sure is nice! The boys still don't have any more teeth, but Grace has 5, 3 on top, 2 on bottom. One more on top is very close to poking through. I tried to get a picture of her funny, big top teeth, but couldn't get one. Our nights are better, there has hardly been any waking up at all. We'll post more next week. I hope to get some better pictures of them this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment