Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas card pictures




















Here are some christmas pictures that are cute but didn't get used for our Christmas card. I don't have many other pictures from this week, so I thought I would share these.

Things have been going very well around here, they turned 11 months on December 8th. We can hardly believe that we have to start planning their first birthday party! The biggest development around here is that they are starting to imitate things. They will imitate sounds the others make. Grace does this tongue thing that sounds like "dither" and Xander will imitate her. Will has a little cough from a small cold he had. When he coughs, no matter where else they are in the house, Grace and Xander will fake cough. Will likes to "dance" and he will imitate others dancing. Grace, Xander and mommy also like to "sing". It's pretty funny how they will try to imitate the singing. Grace has also started waving "bye-bye". Although she does it at random times, not when someone is leaving.

They are also interacting with each other some. Sometimes it's naughty interacting (taking each other's toys, pulling hair, taking pacificers away). They are very sensitive about someone taking their toys away. However, we've caught them making sounds back and forth to each other, like a conversation. I saw the boys standing in their cribs touching hands over the railing the other day. It's fun to watch them become more aware of what's around them. Grace is sure aware of what food she likes and what she doesn't. The boys eat anything and everything you put in front of them. Xander even makes "yummy noises" while he eats. As for Grace, she really likes the Gerber fruit puffs, and is only so-so on Cheerios. If there is a mix of cheerios and puffs on her tray, she will pick out the puffs and leave the cheerios. Sometimes the only way I can get her to eat cheerios with her banana is to put the banana on top of the pile of cheerios and she accidentally gets a cheerio or two with her piece of banana. What a stinker!

We are looking forward to their first Christmas. We aren't going out of town this time, but we are spending all day Christmas Eve with the Niebuhrs and christmas day with the Hoefs. I know we'll have lots to post about all the toys and such they will get, so I will wait until after Monday next week to post. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: