Monday, July 30, 2007

one picture





Hi everyone. Sorry I don't have more pictures to post. However, they did get their 18 month pictures professionally taken last Wednesday. When those are posted online and ready to view, I'll let you know. I think they are going to turn out fabulously! We had a lot of "Kodak" moments this last week, but my camera was never handy. On Saturday, Brian, Dale, Ellen and I took them to Woods Pool to the "sprayground". It's a concrete place with all sorts of spraying things and a small wading pool. They loved it! We were there for a couple of hours, and if the weather had been warmer, we would have stayed longer. Grace went to her first baby shower with me on Sunday. It was for Aunt Lisa, who is due in about a month. It was a nice time.
They did well this week, no illness or other problems. They're still learning new words. Grace and Xander will try to say almost any word you ask them to. The one syllable words like "ice" and "cake" are easiest. Grace likes to say "ice" because she likes it in her sippy cup. Will will talk sometimes, but other times, he can't be bothered. Although, he has figured out that signing "please" almost all the time gets him what he wants. He signs please everytime he walks up to me and half the time I don't know what he's looking for. I did get them all to sign "water, please" yesterday when they wanted more water in their cup. I'm going to have to keep going with that one, I don't think they have it quite learned yet. And, I'm trying to teach them "help", because I'm tired of them crying/whining when they need help doing something or they get stuck somewhere. They are very good at pointing people out if you ask. Grace can show you all the members of our family and grandparents. They are also good with the body parts, they all know: head, hair, eyes, ears, nose, chin, cheeks, teeth, tongue, hand, tummy, belly button, knee, foot, and toes. Grace knows elbow, but I don't think the boys do. Their receptive language is great. I think they understand almost everything I say. I also think their babbling means something to them, I just don't know what it means. I'll post more next week, hopefully with more pictures.

No comments: