Monday, August 13, 2007

19 months!

























The triplets turned 19 months on Wednesday. We didn't do much last week, because of the intense heat. (I can't wait for fall and cooler weather!) One thing we did do to beat the heat was to go to Woods Pool and Sprayground on Friday with grandma Pam and Aunt Kara. That is the second time they've been there and they had a blast. It has all sorts of different spraying things, you can walk under, over, in and out of things. It's a lot of fun. You can see from the pictures how they liked to let the water just run on them (especially Will). Grace's bikini is new, from aunt Kara. She got it last weekend shopping in Omaha. Grace wasn't used to the two piece idea, and after I put the suit on her, she kept feeling the top part and saying "uh-oh", like it was broken. I told her it wasn't broken, it was supposed to be that way. She seemed to accept that and I didn't hear anymore about the broken swim suit.

Will has added a few new words to his vocabulary this week. He has started sayin "uh-oh" and "nana" (banana) which he never did before. He also has started saying cat, horse and dog sounds. I am glad to report they all can sign "help" and "water" appropriately. Although, now they sign "help" even when we're not quite sure what they want. Sometimes, we have to remind them to say "help" if they need help doing something, other times, they do it spontaneously. Will has mixed up "help" and "water" a couple times, too. But, at least he's trying to talk!
Grandma Ellen brought some puzzles over last week and they have been having fun playing with those. Will has gotten quite good at them. There is a shape one that he can get all the shapes in the right place. Grace doesn't always seem to have the patience. If she gets the right shape near the right hole, but not all the way in, that's good enough and she leaves it. They are still enjoying climbing on furniture, but it's gotten so bad with the climbing around/falling off that we've had to instate a "no standing" rule on all furniture. I'm going out of my mind trying to enforce that one with all three. Grace is pretty good, but Xander is the worst. He is so ornery!!!!!!
Just a quick update on our nephew, Carter. He is home from the hospital. He came home on Saturday. He is off his lights for jaundice and by all reports, he's doing well. I think mom and dad are a little tired, but handling it OK. If you want updates on them you can go to
www.thefamilyscribner.blogspot.com. I think they are going to try to keep that updated.

No comments: