Monday, August 20, 2007

Just hanging out!

















Not much to report this last week. We are just hanging out at home a lot, staying out of the heat. They spent part from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr's, giving mom and dad some much needed time off. They had fun, but came home tired! Grandma and grandpa are always so much fun it wears them out! Starting this week, they are only going to take one nap a day. They are quite ready, I think. And, when activities start back up after Labor Day, there are going to be many mornings a week where we will be out and about. So, we'll spend this week and next getting used to the new schedule. I think I will have to get used to it as much as they will. I won't have the hour and a half in the morning to get any work done like I used to. To be honest, I really look forward to naptimes. :-)
They are talking lots. They are all trying to say things like "Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Big Bird" and while it doesn't always come out right, we know what they're trying to say. Grace loves to say "Xander". She walks around all day and points out things that are his or telling him to do things. None of them say "Will" or "Grace", too hard yet, maybe. Xander's latest word is "chicken". It comes "kicky". But, he loves to say it, especially when he's eating it! And speaking of eating, they are in a very picky phase right now. Things they've always eaten before, they won't touch now. Like fish sticks, mashed potatoes and spaghetti. What kids doesn't eat those things?!?!? I'm not entirely sure they're very hungry lately. They go in phases of extreme hunger, and not so much, probably corresponding with growth spurts. Of course, no matter how full they are, they will always eat a blueberry if you put it in front of them.
The pictures are:
Top: Having a drink of juice on the couch. You will notice I finally got them to only sit on the couch. They hardly ever stand anymore. That is only after about a week of constant time-outs and reminders, though.
Bottom: Stretching with daddy before his Saturday morning run.

No comments: