Monday, September 24, 2007

Pumpkins!












Kind of a lot has happened this week, so I'll keep the stories short. For the first time, we went to storytime at the library, Great-Grandma Gisela went with us. It was a good time, and I think we'll make it a regular thing, as regular as we can. The kids were very good and I think they will get a lot out of it with regular attendance. The second thing that we did this week was a big Fiedler family gathering on Friday night (30+ people from Ellen's side of the family). The kids played with a whole bunch of cousins including the two sets of twins. The seven toddlers had a good time playing outside, running, throwing balls and bouncing on a trampoline. The third big thing that happened is that they went to the pumpkin patch for the first time with Grandma and Grandpa Hoefs on Saturday morning (mom and dad went to the Husker football game). They got to pick pumpkins, play in a big pile of corn, "milk" a "cow" (it was a fake cow that water came out of), look at goats and do all sorts of fun fall activities. They had fun, and came home tired! The pictures of them are with the pumpkins that they brought home from the patch. We are also taking them to on in Omaha in a couple of weeks, so that will be fun.
Grace has herself a sinus infections this week. We just got back from the doctor this morning. She didn't ever have a cold, my personal opinion is that she has allergies. She has been sneezing a lot lately, and I think her stuffiness just got infected. So, we also purchased some baby Claritin and I am hoping that solves some problems. Xander is back to his stuffy nose and sneezing, too. So, we'll see what becomes of that. I really hope we don't have to go back to the doctor with him again.
The whining is only marginally better, because they feel better. But, there is still plenty of it to go around, though. The latest thing we are working on is saying/signing "sorry". After they sit in time-out (usually for biting), I am making them hug the person they bit and say "sorry". So, far, they hug well, and I help them sign sorry. I'm hoping they start feeling a little remorse and do it themselves. We'll see. Lots of new words lately, including "pumpkin", "jacket", "thank you" (all three say it now), "teddy", and "off/on". We are having another exciting week, that includes hosting a playgroup here on Thursday. I'll post about that next week. That's all!



No comments: