Monday, October 01, 2007

Good and bad week






We had both good and not so good things going on this week. I'll start with the good news! We had lots of outside playtime this week, which is always fun. Our across the street neighbor and her daughter came over and played several times, which was nice. We also hosted a multiples club playgroup at our house on thursday. Unfortunately, many people got sick at the last minute, and the only people who attended were a set of 2 year old twins. It was fun though to meet that new family and the kids got along well. We look forward to other playgroups with the multiples club (we're even going to one this Thursday, too). Naps have been much better this week. The longest was 4 hours (Will's on Saturday). I have been running the humidifier in their room lately, so I think the white noise helps them sleep longer. Our biggest good news is the breakthrough we had on Sunday. The kids stayed in the nursery at church without us for the entire service!!!! That was huge. There are two new college girls staffing the nursery now, and they are much better with them than they they were with the older lady who was there before. So, now we are confident that they will only get more comfortable there and we can all attend church without worrying about what is happening in the nursery.

The bad news is that they were pretty sick the first half of last week. Grace's antibiotics from the doctor on Monday really helped her feel better fast. I know I reported that the boys were getting a little sniffly last Monday and they were really sick by Tuesday. They went back to the doctor on Thursday (Xander had 102 fever Wednesday pm) but I came back with the news that it was only colds and to wait it out. They were better by Saturday and are mostly normal, with just little runny noses, today. Our doctor said that we essentially have ourselves a daycare type situation in our house and on the average, kids in a daycare get sick every 3 weeks. That's about what we're averaging. If it's this bad during summer and fall, I don't even want to know what cold and flu season is going to be like. So, that is about it. We have lots of fun things planned for this week, including starting a "mommy and me" music class on Friday mornings. I'll let you know how that went next week. Have a good week.
By the way, we tried to get a family picture last night at my sister's house. It is virtually impossible to get all three of them to sit, look and smile at the same time. So, this is what we got. We are the featured family in the upcoming Multiples Club newsletter and I wanted a recent picture to give them. These are the best shots I can choose from. I was hoping to get professional family pictures later this fall. But, if it's this hard, I don't know.......

No comments: