
We had a great week this week. We did lots of things, went lots of places, saw lots of people and they handled it all quite nicely. Tuesday, we went shopping at the mall. We went to storytime again on Wednesday with great Grandma Gisela, which was a great time. Thursday, we went to a multiples club playgroup at Pioneers Park Nature Center. The other multiples there were older (3 and 4 yrs old), but they played with the triplets and had a good time. The older girls liked to pretend Grace was their daughter. It was cute! And Friday was our first music class. There are 3 other kids in the class (we make up half the class!) they are all 2 or early 3. The triplets did a great job, though dancing and moving when they were supposed to. They had fun playing shakers, and rolling a HUGE beach ball the lady had. This class only meets for 4 sessions, so there are only 3 left, but it's a good time, I think. Saturday, they spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr, so mom and dad could get some housework done. And finally, Sunday was their cousin Carter's baptism. The triplets didn't see it, though. They went to the nursery. They were a little sad being in the nursery and cried some, but the college girls who work there do a great job keeping them occupied. We still have a couple things scheduled for this week, but not nearly as many as last week. We will just play outside and enjoy the beautiful weather!
The picture I took this morning is of them watching Sesame street from the comfort of my (unmade) bed. As you can see, Xander has a sesame street book in his hand. They are becoming obsessed with Elmo and Oscar. Everywhere Xander goes, he sees "Okar" and talks about him constantly. I think we will have to invest in some Elmo/Sesame Street books and DVDs. I got the boys a pair of matching Elmo slippers for Christmas. I think those will be a hit! They are becoming quite social, helping each other, doing things like giving each other their juice or shoes or whatever they need. They are putting 2 words together lately. Usually it's a name combined with "Hi" "bye" or "up". They have been learning and repeating almost anything they hear, so we've just started naming things and increasing their vocabulary. Grace can jump now, the boys try but don't get very far. But, I am glad to report they are getting more coordinated, especially at stairs. I no longer fear for their safety when we're around a flight of stairs. Well, that's all for now. Happy fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment