Sorry I don't have any pictures to share today. I figure I'll have enough pictures from Halloween festivities in the next 2 days to keep you all entertained for several weeks down the line. I also don't have much to report. They are all sick right now, so that is our biggest struggle. Coughing, fever, runny noses and grumpiness! It just so happened that they got sick yesterday, and today was the first day their cousin Carter was supposed to come over while his mom goes back to work. Well, that is not happening, since he is little and we don't want him to get sick. Maybe he'll come next week! They did get flu shots last week, but these are just colds. More than likely picked up on Friday when we were out playing at the indoor playground.
Not much else has happened this week. Our last music class was on Friday, so that is sad it's over with, just as they were getting the hang of things. But, I'm sure we'll find other things to occupy ourselves with as the time goes on. The story time at the library is still lots of fun. They are very good, and we've met plenty of nice people and learned some new things.
Speaking of new things, their latest funny thing is to stand against a wall, yell "go, go" and start running. That occupied a good deal of time this morning. They are also enjoying playing "Ring Around the Rosy" and doing little rhyming finger plays and action songs like "Teddy Bear" and others we've learned at story time. One ends with a bow, so they've all (sort of) learned how to bow. Xander has started to announce when he needs his diaper changed. He'll walk up to me and say "diaper, diaper, icky". We can also see how much more they're engaging in imaginary play. Grace likes to hold a baby doll, rock it and pretend to feed it. The boys play with the kitchen and pretend to cook and stir food. They all make car sounds and drive a car along the ground. It's neat to see. They are still hoarding. The latest thing to hoard and fight over are little magnetic letters. They carry them around in cool whip containers and put lids on, take lids off, dump them out, put them in, etc. The possibilities are endless! With only 26 letters, though, there are never enough to go around.
We will post lots and lots of pictures from Halloween. We are going trick or treating, so it will be fun and I'll have lots of stories, I'm sure. Happy Halloween everyone. Enjoy the nice weather.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment