Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow!!!!















I have no sickness news to report this week, thank the Lord! The kids have been healthy, and we're finally back to "normal" (whatever our normal is). The big news is getting to play in the snow for the first time! They all got new boots, coats, snowpants and all the works just in time for the first big snowfall (see top picture). It happened to snow most the day that they spent at Grandma Ellen's while mommy did Christmas shopping. So, grandma and Curt bundled them up and took them sledding around the circle (see bottom 2 pictures). I heard it was a big hit. They also went out the next two days, once with grandma and grandpa Hoefs (see middle picture) and once with daddy, Uncle Wes, Aunt Kara and mommy. They actually got to go down a hill out on Kara and Wes' acreage, and they loved that! Although, Will has a hard time sitting in all his clothing, so he falls backward and crushes whoever is behind him. He ended up sitting in the back of the sled or on his tummy. I think that accounts for the funny look he gave me when I put him in all his garb (see 2nd picture).
They're continuing to amaze us with everything they can say and do. They are starting to get good at colors. Grace gets yellow and purple right almost 100% of the time. She will also point to the correct color almost all the time if you say "show me yellow" or "point to the red square". Everything is still blue to Will. Xander tries to count, and he repeats all the numbers after I say them. They are enjoying coloring, books and puzzles a lot lately. I can't wait for them to get their Christmas presents. Plenty of drawing and crafty opportunities there! Xander is such a character lately. He has been answering everything we say with "OK". It's so funny to hear his little voice say that. I don't think we're doing much or going anywhere big this week, just trying to stay inside and stay warm. Hope you are all doing the same! More later!

No comments: