Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Feel the love!












A kind of ironic title, since they haven't really been loving to each other lately. We've kind of had a lot of fighting, and it's mostly territorial. "My red car", "my chair", "my hat" etc. If the object was ever theirs, it is still theirs and they are extremely angry if someone else tries to play with it. I haven't decided if this is a 2 year old thing or a triplet thing. They have precious little that belongs to ONLY them, so I am kind of wondering if they get territorial about some toys because they need to have things that belong only to them. I'm not quite sure, but it sure is a struggle.

Another thing I noticed about this picture is that they're dressed in the blue, green, pink motif that we do so often. A funny story about that. I bought them little blue, green and pink plastic cups at the store the other day. They crawled up to the counter while I was making dinner and their cups were sitting there. Will got them out and passed them out and automatically he gave Xander green and pink to Grace and kept blue for himself. I didn't tell him which one belonged to him or the other, they just knew. I thought that was amazing.


Will has been really funny lately. He has such a great imagination and a wonderful memory (which I haven't decided is good or dangerous). The other day as I was putting them to bed I said "Maybe we can go to the playground tomorrow morning." Then I said goodnight and left. The first thing Will said to me when he saw me in the morning was "playground?" I couldn't believe he remembered that. I have to be careful what I say we might be able to do, because he'll for sure remember. He has also been pretending a lot lately and it is so funny to watch. He pretends to eat things, or give us things. The other day at a playgroup I had a cup of coffee. They were running around playing and would come up to me every once in a while and I would say "be careful, this coffee is hot". Well, that night in the bathtub, Will had a cup and he looked at me and said "coffee, hot". The others picked up on that and soon Will was passing out "coffee, hot" to the other in their cups. It was funny to watch. He's been a little sick this week and the awful asthma cough is back. We've been doing a lot of albuterol in addition to the steroids. I can't decide if it's getting better or not, it seems to be pretty bad this time, even though he hasn't been that sick. Brian and I kind of wonder if he has allergies, too. We may get those tested sometime soon.

Grace has been enjoying singing songs lately. She can make it through most of the ABC song as I'm singing, if I go slow. She also likes Old MacDonald and Wheels on the Bus. Everyone likes Itsy Bitsy Spider and we sing that a lot, too. She is getting pretty coordinated these days. She is very close to riding a tricycle, if she would just learn to steer. She was climbing up ladders and stairs at the park today with no problem. (I was actually thinking how neat it was today to watch how much better they've gotten on the playground equipment, compared to last fall). She can jump off of something onto the ground. She was jumping off the bottom of the slides onto the ground, never once falling.

Xander, on the other hand, had a rough day today. He is still uncoordinated at times. He fell down at the park off the steps, flat onto the ground. He was pretty upset about that. When we got home, he fell going up the garage steps into the house and banged his chin. Later that afternoon he slipped on the slide in the backyard and scratched his back. Then after dinner, Brian was opening the top drawer of the dishwasher and hit him in the head. He was pretty banged up by the end of the day. He has also been sick this week, some fever, a terribly runny nose and lots of coughing. So, he's been getting some albuterol, too. He has been pretty imaginative, too, lately. He will walk up to you, pretend to grab something off of your shirt or hair and pretend to eat it (like a monkey). It is a little weird, but funny. He'll also pretend to grab your nose and say "my nose" or another body part and put it on himself.

One other little funny thing about Xander is he might say to you "door up" and if you say "no, door down" he'll say "no, door up". You can go back and forth like this for a while. But, if you would say "no door down" after he just said it, he'll switch and say "no, door up". You can constantly say the same thing he just said and he'll switch and say the opposite. I watched Will do this with him during dinner tonight. It was crazy. It's like he loves arguing, just for the argument's sake. A lawyer perhaps?????

Sorry this got a little long. I have some video I took of the kids singing and counting that I am going to try and figure out how to post later this week when I get some time. We are seeing a lot of family this weekend and next week some friends from Chicago are staying with us. No doubt we will have lots of pictures and news to post after that. More later!

No comments: