

Just a couple of cute pictures I snapped last night around dinner time. They have little red cheeks because their bad mommy forgot to put sunscreen on them before they went out in the hot sun. Oops!
We are doing well here. No illness to speak of and everyone is fine. We've been enjoying the nice days to get outside and around town, everyone is eating and sleeping well and is generally in pretty good moods. (I say generally because Will is still having some Pulmicort related attitude problems, hopefully those will go away now that we are dropped down to once a day.)
We didn't do anything huge or noteworthy last week or on the weekend. Although they did spend the night at the Niebuhrs on Saturday night. Dale and Ellen took the triplets and Carter to Memorial Stadium for a party given by the University to thank Ameritas (where Dale works) for their sponsorship of Husker athletics. So, they got to play football on the turf, eat hamburgers and popcorn, run around and go down big inflatable slides. Ellen said they enjoyed walking the yard lines and sitting inside of the zeros on the field. They came home pretty tired on Sunday, and took a good nap after a long morning at church.
They are becoming quite interactive with each other lately and it's fun to watch or listen to their exchanges. The other night they were in bed (supposed to be asleep) and I heard Grace say "More donuts, please, Will." He said, "OK, here you go." She said "thank you. More coffee please." He said "OK Gracie." They kept on going like this for a while. I just stood out in the hall and listened and laughed. They have great imaginations. Another great develpment (for me anyway) is that they can climb into the car and into their car seats by themselves now. So, all I have to do is open the garage door and remotely open the van doors and say "get in the car." They do, and I just have to buckle them in before we drive away. Huge time saver for me and now when we're out in public in parking lots, I can let them get into the car and don't have to worry about them standing around on the sidewalk by themselves. A small development, but very helpful, nonetheless.
A funny story from Xander. He was identifying letters on the side of the oatmeal box the other morning, so Brian said " O-A-T-M-E-A-L, oatmeal" Xander said "A-B-C oatmeal." We thought that was funny. Everytime they see a word they say "ABC". They understand there are words there, but don't quite get the idea of spelling with the letters they know. Will is great at his letters, he is always pointing them out. Xander sees "X for Xander" everywhere he goes.
I think that's all for now. More next week, so check back. Take care.

No comments:
Post a Comment