Monday, October 27, 2008

Older pictures



















Here are some cute pictures Curt took when we went to the zoo with us last month. He's a great photographer. That top picture is the kind we can embarrass Xander with when he's older and he'll hate us for! :-) By the way, that picture was taken just moments before he pooped on the floor. Lucky me!
Not much news to report around here. We've just been kind of hanging on by a thread, as we so often do. Most of our frustrations have to do with, what else, POTTY TRAINING! It is very frustrating to have two boys who potty in their pants without a second thought and aren't uncomfortable like that. Especially Will. It doesn't help that he has more bodily functions than an adult male. On Saturday, he pooped in his underwear 4 times! Plus several wet accidents. We don't know what to do. We've been thinking about many things, including putting him back in diapers and trying in a month or so and doing some sort of incentive/sticker chart. So far, we haven't decided on anything. Does any out there have any brilliant advice or know where I can find some brilliant advice?
Xander's new (well not really new, but growing) obsession in our house is Thomas the Train. He still play train everyday, and he plays with the lego trains everyday. We also have a large alphabet train floor puzzle that he lvoes and always want to play with everyday. He also has a little Thomas aquadoodle page that he is in love with. Santa had better bring that kid a real train set for Christmas!
Funny conversations with Grace:
Grace: Grandma, I see the moon!
Grandma (ellen): I don't think you can see the moon.
Grace:Yes, there is is. I see the moon, Grandma.
Grandma: I don't think you can see it. It's behind a cloud.
Grace: I'm pretty sure it's the moon, grandma.
Grace showed her.
Xander: I want to listen to Barney.
Grandma (pam): We can't listen to Barney, mommy took the it back to the library.
Xander: But, I want to listen to Barney.
Grandma: We can't, Xander. It's at the library.
Xander: I want to listen to Barney.
Grace: Xander, I don't want to tell you again. Mommy took it back to the library.
You go girl!
Will's favorite new toy is a vacuum at church that sounds like a real vacuum. He plays with that thing the entire time they're in the nursery. I wish he would love the real vacuum that much and play with it on the upstairs carpet a couple of times a week! He has also spent a good deal of time today coloring. He was very meticulous about staying inside the lines and coloring nicely. What a type A toddler! He is also a very polite toddler. Lately, he has been saying "Sure, Mommy" or "OK, Mommy" when I ask him to do something. And he says thank you for things more than the other two. The nurse at the dr's office got a kick out of him when I would ask him to do something for her, he would say "Sure mommy" in his cute little voice.
Well, that's all for now. I wish I had better potty training news, but I don't. More next week.

No comments: