Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spelling





Here they are with their names. Grace actually spelled it pretty much by herself. She gets all the right letters, just maybe one or two out of place. Xander puts an X and maybe one other correct letter in with a ton of other letters and says he spelled his name. I also helped Will get his into the right order. Pretty good attempts, though, I think.
So, we've been healthy this week, thankfully. Will had a check-up at the asthma doctor this morning and he's going back to the Pulmicort twice a day for the winter cold/flu season. We've already been doing it twice a day, and I'm sad to say, "steroid Will" is coming back. I hope at some point he grows out of it, because my normally happy and cooperative boy disappears!
We had a good weekend here. Saturday night we had our first ever "family movie night." We ate Chinese food, and rented "Peter Pan" for the kids to watch. I think they liked it. Everytime Peter pan was onscreen Xander would say "there I am. (For those of you who don't know, Xander is Peter Pan for Halloween, Will is Captain Hook and Grace is Tinkerbell). So, it was fun for them to see their costumes. Sunday we went out to Curt and Renee's house for dinner and marshmallow roasting. The kids had a blast. Ellen got some pctures of them playing on Curt's tractor and eating their marshmallows. I'll post those soon.
The kids have been playing very imaginative games lately. Their latest ones (besides the train thing, which they are still doing a LOT) is to pretend they're snakes and slither around on the floor. At random times they'll just drop to the ground, army crawl and say "here comes a Xander snake." or "I'm a Gracie snake." Pretty funny. They also pretend there's a giant in the boys' bedroom. They play with it, give it ice cream and baths and take it on train rides.
If they're not imagining things, they're singing. Xander has a huge knack for remembering lyrics to all sorts of songs. We've been listening to CDs in the car that we check out from the library. I catch Xander singing those songs all the time. Just bits and pieces here and there, but I'm amazed he even picks up small parts for only hearing them a couple of times. Of course, the songs he knows well, he'll sing all the time. They must all sing the ABC's a dozen times a day.
Well, that's about all the interesting things I can think of for now. More next week. Thanks for looking.

No comments: