Monday, August 10, 2009

We survived!






















Here's some fun pictures from this last week. The top is Gracie trying to look like Aunt Kara with a balloon under her shirt. Kara and Wes came over for dinner last Sunday night (homemade Runzas!) and the kids had fun playing with them. The pictures of the boys are of them with their latest obsession, jigsaw puzzles. They got some puzzles for their birthday and then I bought them a couple more. They love doing them and they're really good at them. The Thomas ones are 45 pieces marked for ages 4+, they have no trouble with those. Will even has a 60 piece one. It takes a while, and it usually is a group effort, but they can do it. The 24 pieces ones have fallen out of favor, because they're too easy!

So, everyone survived last week. I survived my first three days of meetings at school, and the kids survived their first 2 days of daycare and Brian survived all the craziness that was our house last week! We are NOT good at early morning routines. We spent a lot of time running around the house and yelling at the kids to hurry up. Brian has a little more flexible start time for work than I do, so he took the kids to Gina's (the daycare provider) house on Thursday, their first day. I switched cars with Brian, got the van and went and picked them up. They had a good day. Gina was pleased with how well they eat and how they'll eat just about anything. I think she has other kids that are picky. Not us! She was so surprised at everything they ate. They didn't take a great nap there, but I think that's only a matter of getting used to being there. They had fun playing with toys and being outside and boy were they hot and tired when we got home! All in all, I think everything is going to work out well. The kids haven't stopped talking about Miss Gina's house since Friday! They will go there again all day Thursday and Friday this week, too. Next week, preschool starts, so we'll settle into our regular routine already by then.

Other than the excitement of starting work and daycare, we have been staying close to home. Since it's been so hot, we haven't gone out much. We went to cousin Carter's 2nd birthday party on Sunday and had fun eating cake, playing with cousins and seeing family. We even got brave again and took them out to dinner on Saturday night. Only to Village Inn, nothing exciting, but they were very well behaved and ate well. I think that's about all for now. I have some hilarious video of Grace I am going to post in the next few days. I think you'll enjoy that. Have a nice week everyone.

No comments: