Friday, August 21, 2009

First day of Preschool



The kids had their first day of preschool on Thursday. Brian took the day off, so he got them ready and drove them. I was a little sad that I didn't get to take them, but was glad that Daddy got that privilege. We had taken them to the open house at preschool on Friday and they were very excited to be there. When it was time to leave Xander said "Mommy, why do we have to leave?" So, we had a feeling they would be OK when we left them there on Thursday. Brian said they told him goodbye, walked right in and started playing. When he picked them up, Mrs. Thimijan said they did a good job listening, and participated in everything they did and played a lot. Good enough for us! They chatted about preschool all the way to Miss Gina's house and it seemed like everyone liked it. They've been asking when they can go back. I don't think Tuesdays and Thursdays will come fast enough for them!

We have been getting good reports from Miss Gina on Thursday and Friday afternoons, too. They've started taking 2+ hour naps at her house, which is great! They continue to amaze her at the food they will willingly eat and she is also pleased about how well they sit and listen to her stories. They love to tell me about playing outside and I think they have even made some new friends. Aunt Lisa's friend Christy takes her two kids, Caitlin and Cooper, there. Grace and Cooper have been playing together a lot and she has been talking about him quite a bit.

Everyone is getting pretty well adjusted to the new routine. We even have been making it out of the house on time every morning. Since I am home on Mondays and Tuesdays, we have been trying to do some fun things. We went to the museum last Tuesday. We have also been playing at home outside, riding bikes and roller skating. We've also done some painting and playing games, which has been nice. I do admit, however, it's nice to go out and do something that challenges my mind and that I enjoy. I think this schedule of working just a few days a week is an almost perfect balance for us right now. If I can catch up at school and not bring so much work home, it would even better. School is going alright for now. It was a pretty dicey first day. My room was about 90 degrees and there was a last minute schedule change I wasn't aware of, so I was thrown off by those things. I had to dust off the cobwebs of my teaching skills, but I was back in the groove by Thursday and today.

Funniest quotes of the last few weeks:

We were listening to Baby Bop (of Barney and Friends) singing a blues song about being blue.
Xander: Mommy, why is Baby Bob (that's what he calls him) singing a song about being blue? He's green!

In the parking lot at Super Saver:
Will (looking at the store): Mommy! S-U-P-E-R-S-A-V-E-R.
Me: What does that spell?
Will: Grocery store!

Gotta love those boys!

Thanks for checking up on us everyone! Have a great week.

No comments: