
Here are some previously un-posted pictures. I don't really have any more recent pictures, we've been so busy with our school schedule that I haven't taken any new pictures. We are doing some fun family things this weekend, which should allow me some photo ops.
The kids are LOVING preschool! They had their first show and tell on Thursday. They enjoyed showing everyone what they took. Grace took her javelina, Will took a race car that goes on its own, and Xander took his favorite blue teddy bear. They were excited that everyone got to touch their animal, and Will demonstrated his car. We only got snippets of information about what everyone else brought, but we gathered there was a yo-yo and something that glowed in the dark. I also get snippets of information about preschool throughout the day. I have gathered that there is a girl line and a boy line and Grace got to lead the girl line and the boys haven't been leaders yet. I also gather that a lot of kids must cry during preschool, because they were telling me how they don't need to cry if they miss their mommy. I asked if they missed their mommy while they were at school and they said no. Oh well. Their teacher, Mrs. Thimijan, has told us several times how good they are and they listen very well. So that is good.
We have been getting mixed reports from Gina about their behavior. Apparently they have been getting a little wound up at Gina's and have been getting into trouble. She even made Xander sit in time out. Will was running on the sidewalk at her house and did a nose dive, got a really scraped up knee and a huge goose-egg bruise on his forehead. He limped around on Friday, nursing his wound. They have learned some interesting things from the kids at daycare. Their language has expanded now to include the words "dumb", "stupid" and "shut up". All of which I'm thrilled they say. I've actually only heard "shut up" once, from Xander to Grace. We had a talk about that and I haven't heard it again. The only things Grace calls stupid are balls that don't go where she wants them to go. The soccer ball had a mind of its own last week and didn't go into the goal, so she hit it and said "stupid ball" over and over. I bet that ball will think twice next time about not going into the goal.
Other than school and daycare, we have had a pretty tame week and weekend. We spent lots of time outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. We're looking forward to Husker football this weekend and some family time. That's all for now. Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment