First off let me apologize that I don't have any new pictures to share. Mostly that is because there hasn't been anything picture worthy in the last week. We've all been sick AGAIN, and mostly just trying to make it through the week. The kids actually stayed home from daycare on Friday with Brian (who stayed home from work). Mostly the boys just have runny noses and of course, Will is coughing. I'm also STILL sick from the last time and have a Dr. appt tomorrow, which I hope will bring me some relief. Everyone seems a little better after a low-key weekend and we can get back to normal activities this week.
Also, a quick update on Sebastian. He was back in the hospital on Wednesday and Thursday last week for the jaundice. He came home, only to go back onto a light at home. But, glad to say, now his billirubin levels are down and he is eating well, so all is good. Kara is hoping to get out of the house this week and bring him in town. I'll try to get a few pictures of him with the kids, as soon as the triplets are not going to infect him with some nasty germs!
The kids went to Sunday school for the first time today. We think they liked it, but we couldn't get much information out of them about it. All we heard is they watched a Veggie Tales video and didn't play with toys. Who knows. Preschool is still a big hit. They all talk at the same time all the way home when we pick them up. They love it. They've learned a lot about God and Jesus, because we get snippets of bible stories told back to us. Grace was asking those hard to answer questions today like "Daddy, where's God?" and "Where's heaven?" Also in true 3-going-on-16 fashion she told me her "leggings were plenty long, just like her pants" and "the living room is completely picked up, Mommy". What a goof, always trying to act grown up. She is also being very stubborn lately. She has been doing things like refusing to go potty before bed. So, we told her if she didn't go potty she wouldn't get a bedtime story. She was so set on not going potty that she missed her story and didn't really seem to mind.
We're trying to get the boys to "use their words" rather than just scream about things. I actually hate that phrase (it's kind of cliched), but it's most appropriate for what we want them to do. When someone wrongs them, all they do is sit there and scream. I would really like them to start saying "that's mind, please don't take it" or "stop, that hurts". So far, no progress, we'll keep you posted. Other than the occasional fight over a toy, they have been playing for huge stretches of time with each other NICELY! Saturday morning, they played for several hours while I cleaned almost the entire house and Brian did yard work. Love it!
Well, I think that's all for today. We are doing some fun fall-ish things this weekend, so I'll have great pictures to share with you next week. Have a great week and enjoy the wonderful fall weather!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment