Xander in a hay hole. He didn't want to climb up like.....
Will
and Grace
the kids and I on the hayrack ride
sliding down a 40 ft tunnel slide. Loved it!
you can see how long the slide is in this shot

Brian took the day off on Monday and we went to Roca Berry Farm for the morning. The weather was not too bad, sunny, so that was good. It was a little muddy, and we came home with dirty shoes. It wasn't terribly crowded, so it was fun. We did lots of activities, including the big slide, tricycle track, playing on the big hay piles and going through haunted houses. We actually got them to go through two haunted houses. One was for little kids and it wasn't haunted, it had drawings of cartoon characters under black lights. They liked that one. The other one was a haunted castle that was really dark and had strobe lights and a moving room. It freaked Grace out a little bit, but no one cried or screamed. Will even kind of liked it!
We have been enjoying a bit of a change of schedule this week. It is fall break for LPS, so both my mom and I don't have to work. Grandma Pam picked them up from preschool on Tuesday and had lunch with them, just for a little extra quality time. So, I got some work and errands done. Today (wednesday) they went to Grandma Ellen's as usual, but the unusual part was that they had a little Halloween party with Carter and Camden, too. Dale and Ellen are going to be out of town on Halloween, so they wanted to see them in costume and play a little bit. (I will post pictures of them when Ellen gives them to me.) They played some games, ate "mummies" for dinner (hot dogs in crescent rolls), decorated pumpkin cookies and trick or treated to some forewarned neighbors. Will is coughing a lot from whatever he has that is triggering his asthma, and all the excitement tonight didn't help.
Some great comments/conversations overheard this week:
On the way to the pumpkin patch on a dirt road:
Will: What is wrong with this road? It's bumpy. They need to put cement on it. Someone with a cement truck needs to come put cement on it.
Spoken like a true city kid.
On the way home from the pumpkin patch:
Will: I want to turn my pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern.
Me: I'll bet daddy will help you carve it on Saturday.
Will: What does carve it mean?
Me: You can cut it up to turn it into a jack-o-lantern.
Will (whining): I don't want to cut it up. I just want to turn it into a jack-o-lantern. Xander, can I have your magic wand?
Xander: What do you need to magic wand for?
Will: To turn my pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern.
After seeing the firefighters at the library last week:
After seeing the firefighters at the library last week:
Will: Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a firefighter!
Grace: What can I be when I grow up? I know, I want to be a princess!
Me: Grace, do you want to be something like a doctor?
Will: No, doctors are boys.
Me: Girls can be doctors.
Will: They can? Oh. Grace, you can be a nurse. Nurses are for girls.
Me: Will, did you know boys can be nurses?
Will: They can? Oh.
We need to get Will some exposure to female doctors and male nurses.
Xander, while falling asleep in bed:
Xander: Mommy?
Me: What sweetie?
Xander: Can I have some money?
Me: What do you need money for?
Xander: My piggy bank. Just to put it in there.
He is so like his father more and more! He just wants the money in his possession to hoard, not spend, just keep!

No comments:
Post a Comment