Sunday, December 20, 2009

December Update





Here are some pictures of them decorating their little trees. They are filled with a variety of ornaments they have made this year at preschool, sunday school and parties. The trees are very full and decorated just how they want them. I actually took these over Thanksgiving weekend, but haven't posted them until now.

I realized the other day that I had been posting a lot of pictures lately, but very little content updates. So, I decided I had better tell some funny stories about the kids and what they've been up to lately before I forget it all!

It has been a very busy month, both for us and the kids. We've had a lot of extra things like concerts, programs and parties. You've read about the multiples club party last week and their program at preschool. This weekend the kids participated in an "impromptu" christmas pageant at church. They were sheep. Their line was "baa." We also went to a holiday open house tonight at their daycare provider, Gina's, house. The kids ate candy and appetizers for dinner and played with their daycare friends while parents chatted. Gina gave each of the kids a present and they were so excited. They are pretty excited for Christmas to come. We've been getting a lot of questions about Santa. Most often are "How does Santa fit into our fireplace when we don't have a chimney?" and "Where is Santa?" We've just answered that Santa is magic and he can make a chimney if we don't have one. That has seemed to appease them. Grace is asking for a tinkerbell puzzle and an angel from Santa. Will still really wants a dinosaur cave, which he is getting from mom and dad and not Santa. Xander wants a black batman to match his Halloween costume. I think they will be pleased with Santa's choices.

They learned a lot in December about baby Jesus and Christmas, mostly from preschool. They have been coming home asking questions like "Where is Bethlehem?" and "Where is heaven and how do we get there?" Grace is positive that "if we get a map, a drink of water and a horse, we can find our way to Bethlehem." Heaven is a little harder to explain. We told them that God takes us there and Will thinks that God needs to fly an airplane to get there.

But, the best question by far came from Will the other day. (I was glad that Brian handled that one, not me.) He asked "Daddy, where does my pee come from?" Brian told him it came from his tummy. That seemed to satify his curiosity, because he hasn't asked again.

Xander is starting to get a little less ornery lately. We've had zero tolerance for hitting and all the other things he does to Will and Grace. He sat in time out a lot at first, but now he's down to once a day or so, which is a huge improvement. He still likes to test us, though. He's been answering "no" a lot when we tell him to do something. He is a stubborn boy!
I think that's about all for now. Check back later this week. I will post a special holiday message from the kids on video and our Christmas letter. I have not had enough time to do anything but plop a picture into an envelope this year. So, I also though I'd go green and put our letter online. Be sure to come back and check it out. Thanks for checking up on us this week!

No comments: