Saturday, April 17, 2010

More Easter Pics












Here are some more action shots from our Easter Sunday. I apologize for the lack of newer pictures. We really haven't done much "photo-worthy" since Easter. We have finally gotten back into our regular routine after a few weeks of days off and vacations. The kids have been telling me they're tired of going to Gina's (daycare), but nobody can tell me why. I think they are just fine, they seem to do well there.
This is going to be a boring post, because really nothing notable has been happening lately. We are still in our "naughty-behavior" phase. Some days are good, other days, like today, are bad. I have no idea why they'll listen and be good one day and be total monsters the next, but they are. Xander was sick again two weeks ago. He took a trip to the doctor and ended up with some antibiotics. He was sporting a croup like cough, that had been hanging around for quite a while. He seems to have gotten over it and is back to normal. I have had some sort of nasty cough/bronchitis/sinus infection thing. I am currently taking antibiotics, but not much has changed. I may have to take another trip to the doctor. Everyone's allergies are acting up. Dr. Swisher is having us give Xander medicine daily and it seems to really be helping him. I should probably have him tested so we know exactly what we are up against. His chances of having seasonal allergies are high!

We've been enjoying the great weather. We've spent lots of time outside. The Tuesday after Easter the kids didn't have preschool, so we took cousin Carter and hit the children's museum then ate a picnic in the park and played for a long time. They all had a lot of fun. My parents gave them real fishing poles for Easter, so one nice Monday night they took them fishing at a pond on the golf course. Apparently they didn't catch anything but moss, but they had fun anyway. The Niebuhrs like to take the kids on an "adventure" through a small wooded area behind the 56th Target, then on to the pet store and then for ice cream at Runza. They always enjoy that. They have been taking frequent bike rides with Brian around our neighborhood. They are getting better at riding longer distances and Grace is no longer afraid of her bike coasting (she used to get scared when her bike would coast down hills without her pedaling). They're much better at riding now and have been enjoying it more. Unfortunately, those little bikes we just got last year are getting too small and Will's has proven to be kind of junky. New bikes may be in the near future.

With the spring and nice weather, we have been noticing how our house is starting to have some problems. We've lived in here almost 7 years, so I suppose it's about time. We are entering a phase of small-medium home improvement projects. The redecorated bathroom was the first, a huge garage sale (purging ourselves of ALL baby-related paraphenalia) is another. The other projects will be done as time permits, but it's just little things like fixing broken outlets, repainting some exterior door jambs that are flaking, replacing broken light fixtures and fixing the broken screen door. A couple of bigger projects we will be doing this summer are getting the wood floor refinished, having the carpets cleaned and repainting the upstairs. I am looking forward to doing these, and as we do them, I am going to give our house a nice thorough cleaning in places that usually don't get cleaned. Hopefully by the fall, our house will no longer look like 3 babies trashed it!

The school year is starting to wind down and these next few weeks are hectic with concerts at school, my spring piano recital, the kids' spring musicale at preschool and tons of other things. I will try to keep the updates coming, but be patient if I don't! However, I have a new camera coming sometime this week, so I will try to take some pictures with it to experiment. I'm very excited. My camera is about 6 years old, so it was definitely time for a new one! Have a great week everyone. Enjoy the great weather!

No comments: