Thursday, October 14, 2010

A fun night out




Saturday night, Brian went with Dale to the NE Women's Volleyball game, and Wes was out of town, so Kara and I decided to make an evening out of it with the kids. After naps, we went to the Children's Zoo, and then headed to the mall. We met Grandma Ellen with cousins Carter and Camden, did a little shopping then ate dinner. (Incidentally, we saw several Husker football players at the mall that night, including Taylor Martinez. Kind of exciting!!) Anyway, I had gift certificates to TCBY, so we stopped for an ice cream before heading home. They loved it and Sebastian had his first tast of frozen yogurt, which he loved! Will thoroughly enjoyed his rainbow creme frozen yogurt, as you can tell from his face. I thought he looked a little like a clown! We came home for baths and bed, then Kara and I watched a movie. A great night! Sunday was another busy day with baby Callan's baptism at Southwood church, then brunch with the fam at Lisa and Chad's house. Sunday afternoon we ran errands and did chores around the house, ate takeout for dinner and watched a movie. The kids didn't have school Monday morning, and instead of taking them to something fun I made them go to the doctor and get flu shots (they were really good, by the way!) We ran tons of errands, then ate lunch with Lisa and the boys, before coming home and collapsing for naps.

Unfortunately, every single one of us in this house has been sick. I was the last one to succumb to the cold, Brian and the boys were sick last week and over the weekend. Grace has it a little bit. Instead of coughing and sneezing, she just seems to get tired and grumpy. When she's the way she gets really naughty. We had a rough weekend with her. I started getting really sick on Tuesday and wanted to die on Wednesday. After drinking my weight in liquids yesterday, I am better today, but still not 100%. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for everyone.

Will had an asthma Dr. appt on Tuesday. He got a new fast acting inhaler, which is very exciting. We haven't used it, yet. I need to get the prescription for the spacer filled. That is a little thing that you spray the medicine into, then breathe into it. We are still keeping the nebulizer around for severe symptoms and illness, but hopefully the other one will serve us well when he's sick. Yay for growing up!! That's about all for now! Go Huskers on Saturday. I'll have pictures of that next week.

No comments: