Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, it seems like we're just going on in our regular routine with nothing extraordinary to report. The kids are doing well these days. They seem to really like going to preschool and they all three talk all at once on the way home. I hear snippets of songs, phrases and little things they say to each other that can only have come from preschool (like "1, 2, 3, eyes on me"). They are learning tons of bible stories. Apparently there were some problems with kids not being friends with each other, and the teachers have remedied that by teaching them to all put their hands in the center and shout "TEAM MATES!!". Well, since we have our own team here at home, they do this constantly. I'll try to get it on video. It's funny! They are enjoying swimming lessons. Xander has had a cold, so he didn't go today, though. (He also didn't go to preschool on Wed. He's on the mind, now I think.) I think Will is starting to get the feel of his ears getting wet. He really doesn't like water in his ears, so he mostly refuses to put his head underwater. We got some earplugs that may help a little, we'll see.
Soccer is finished now, it was only a 4 week deal. They enjoyed it, I think, even though they were really timid each time. Grace seemed to come out of her shell a little during the 2nd week, but regressed later. We even had tears from the boys during the 3rd week. I don't know what will happen in their "soccer" future, we'll see about that. We also haven't started piano yet. I had to order the Suzuki listening CD from online and it finally got here last week. We've been playing it ad nauseum (as all good Suzuki parents do!!) in the car and they seem to enjoy listening to it. I'm going to talk to Grandma about possibly starting after fall break.
And speaking of starting things after fall break, I got a job with LPS that starts Nov. 1. Don't get too excited, it's not quite as great as you might think. I actually had 2 interviews with LPS last week. One was for a full time job at Meadow Lane Elementary and the other was for a 2 hr/week gig conducting the 5th grade choruses at Maxey and Humann Elementaries. Well, they didn't offer me the full time job, but I did get the chorus job. So, starting Monday, Nov. 1st at 8 am I start rehearsals at Humann and Wed, Nov 3rd at 8 am I start rehearsals at Maxey. Those two one-hour rehearsals each week are my only commitment, except for concerts in December and May. It's not a teaching job, but it's at least something to put on my resume and it keeps me on LPS's radar for this year. Hopefully, something full time will materialize for next year. Our only challenge with childcare is getting the kids to preschool those mornings, and I think between daddy and grandma, we can handle it, then I'll pick the kids up. So, at least it's something.
I'll get more posted next week. Will has another asthma dr. appt where he gets another new inhaler, so that may be newsworthy next week. Thanks for checking on us!
Thursday, October 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment