Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Pictures with Santa
Here are some pictures of the kids with Santa from the multiples club party on December 12th. He really is a good Santa. He spent a lot of time trying to get Xander to talk to him (Will, too for that matter! Grace openly talked.) He is very personable and friendly. I think the kids liked him. Will made a passing comment about his beard being different from when they saw him at Firethorn (different guy!) but, there were no other comments about that. I'm glad, because I didn't know how I would have answered that question. The party was a lot of fun, but a lot of work for Brian and I. The kids napped at Dale and Ellen's that day, so Brian could come help me and other multiples club people decorate and set up. We got there at 1:30 and left at 7:45. Long day! But, the kids enjoyed the games, crafts, dinner and ice cream sundaes for dessert. It's a good opportunity for a family party that doesn't cost anything!
Things with Gordie the Elf on the Shelf are still going well. They love to jump out of bed and run and go find him. We have had a couple mishaps with him, though. The first was when he was sitting on the flower pot on the kitchen island and I knocked him onto the floor while wiping the counter. The kids froze and looked horrified (you could have heard a pin drop!). I think they were expecting him to pop up back to his spot using his "magic". So, I just said. "Oops, I hope I didn't hurt him. Maybe I'll just help him back up." and I put him back. They talked about that for quite a while! The other mishap is that we forgot to move him one night. So, they ran out into the living room that morning only to find him in the same spot. Our best answer was "maybe he just really liked that spot so he came back to it again." They seemed to accept that answer and didn't make too big of a deal about it.
We've been enoying doing "christmas-y" things lately. They enjoying listening to Christmas songs on the radio and at home, helping me wrap presents, baking christmas cookies and being in charge of plugging in all the Christmas trees everyday. We even did a Gingerbread house the other day, but I'll save that story for another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment