This has been the scene in our house this week. Sick kids, all three! Xander got the first cold on Saturday or Sunday. Runny, stuffy nose, coughing, fever, etc! He didn't go to school on Monday. Grace came home from preschool Monday feeling yucky and Will also started getting bacd on Monday night. Unfortunately, Will's asthma is acting up, pretty badly. We've gotten the nebulizer out for albuterol treatments. Grace and Xander had fevers on Monday and Tuesday morning. They all went to school on Wednesday morning, even though Will probably shouldn't have. The problem was, the kids had a field trip that I was supposed drive toand I didn't have anyone to keep Will if he didn't go. So, it was either all go, or all no go. I chose go! So, we went and it was fine. Xander and Grace are fine now, except for Xander's lingering cough. The main problem now, is Will's coughing! Let's hope this is short-lived with no steroids!
In other news, we have started the kindergarten registration process! I got the paperwork in the mail earlier this week and have started filling out the 5 (yes, 5!) forms that need to be sent in, along with immunization records, social security cards, and birth certificates. They have their 5 year check-up/kindergarten physical next week at the pediatrician, an eye dr. appt at the end of March and regular dentist appts in April (can you believe you're supposed to see 3 doctors just to go to kindergarten? Apparently you can write a letter of objection and you don't have to, but we are going to anyway.) I go in on March 17th or 18th to hand in paperwork and the kids visit the classroom for 45 minutes in April. They also will go to an open house the day before school starts to see their teacher and their room. I've been in touch with the principal and have asked to have them split into different rooms for next year. I think it's time they started having their own experiences and be more independent. (Although, I do think we're making progress in that area. More on that later). I am prepared for trying to keep track of three different sets of homework, three schedules, etc. (we'd have to that anyway, if the kids were different ages). I am excited for them to have different stories to tell at night, have different experiences, and meet different kids. Bring it on, Kindergarten!!
We are really hoping spring is coming soon! We've been suffering from major cabin fever. We go outside whenever we can, and those couple nice days we had 2 weeks ago, we spent every waking minute outside. But, since it's alternating between snow/cold and nice, we have no consistent plan to get outside. The kids ask regularly when it will be spring. "Soon!" I always answer. Not soon enough!
We're not sure if it's cabin fever related or not, but we've had some naughty behavior lately. Xander has been the main culprit. That boy is stubborn! On top of the stubbornness is sneakiness and a willingess to constantly push his boundaries. The combination of those three has made for some challenging behaviors. He has been ignoring us, terrorizing his siblings and defying us at every change he gets. Needless to say, he has not gotten a "special prize" from the star chart in some time! This morning, I broke up a fight (an actual, hitting/screaming/rolling on the floor) fight between Will and Grace. I don't even know what the disagreement was, but they both did a stint in time out. I can only hope that when the weather is nicer and we have more activities (soccer, playing outside, etc.) to keep us busy, this won't be such an issue. Well, that's about all for now. Here's hoping for nicer weather this week!!!!
Thursday, March 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment