Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A trip to the (kind of lame) circus

The kids before the show started. We were in the second row!

 Brian took the day off (a Thursday) so he could go with us.
 The lions and tigers right in front of us in the cage.

 The balancing man, he stacked 11 chairs and stood on them.
 The best part of the show. A dancing elephant! He really did dance, too. Funny!
In front of the capitol, walking back to the parking garage. They are obsessed with the capitol, always looking for it when we're driving around town.

So, you can tell from my title that Brian and I thought the circus was a little lame. The acts weren't that great, the singing and dancing was terrible, the ring-master was a grumpy old lady, but the kids really liked it. (Now I know why my parents never took us to the circus, even though I begged and begged.) The only redeeming quality was that the tickets were free to the multiples group from the Shriners. Otherwise, I don't think we would have ever taken the kids. Of course, they had tons of light-up toys that were expensive (none less than $5!) and we didn't get any for the kids, and heard about if (from Will) for the entire time we were there. We did get them a funnel cake, which they loved (What's not to love?!? Fried dough and sugar!) and that appeased the other two, but Will really complained. It also was a long show, it was a 12:30 matinee and we didn't get home until almost 3:30. So, they took a quick nap, but it was a long afternoon. A good memory for them, I hope!

No comments: