Monday, September 19, 2011
Soccer
Here are some action shots of the kids playing soccer. They're doing a great job this fall. Grace has even scored two goals! Both the boys have had break-out runs with the ball, but both times their kicks missed the goal. Will had a couple of great saves last week. He blocked a couple of goals and kicked the ball to a teammate twice who kicked it in and scored. Two assists for Will! They are really getting the hang of it. It's nice because they're playing on Cavett teams now, so all the kids on their teams are in their classes. I think they will be able to keep these teams for a while and become friends with those kids.
In other news, they sang in church for the first time with Cherub choir on Sunday. It was really cute to listen to, and according to reports from their director, they ARE singing (and listening, which is a plus!) Grace had her first dance class on Saturday morning. She had fun. Brian took her and watched towards the end. He said they were doing some hard things coordination-wise and all the girls were having trouble. I think she enjoys it, though.
School is still going well. They are starting to read, write and recognize words more. I enjoy looking at the "invented" spellings they come up with for words. They're encouraged to do this, as it helps increase their phonemic awareness. Grace wrote yesterday "My pecsr book". I asked her what it said and she said "my picture book". Pretty good!
I started school last week, so that is a change to our schedule. Brian has to walk the kids to school on Mondays and Wednesdays, and more when I start subbing. I've been volunteering in their rooms every week. It's fun to see what they're working on and get to know their teachers a little. So far, I really like everything I see. So, all is good! That's about all our updates for now. Thanks for checking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment