You learn much more than the three R's in kindergarten these days. Here are some things we have had to start start talking/hearing about.....
Xander's new thing is to tell me I'm the "meanest ever" when I won't let him do something he wants. When I do let him do something he wants I'm "the best ever!"
Grace has started saying "like". I think I am going to die over this. She is only 6 and saying it regularly. I don't think I can stand her talking like this for the rest of her childhood! She said it 4 times in as many minutes the other day. For example, "Mom, like, this isn't the way to Aunt Lisa's house!" "Are we, like, going to go inside for only a couple minutes?" Please make it stop!!!
Xander and Will have been discussing the best strategies for chasing girls around the playground. This included discussion on which shoes are the fastest, where they can stand so they can see them the easiest and how they can work together to get them. On the same note, both Grandma's have had lunch and gone out onto the play with them at school lately and both said there are several more outgoing girls who hang on Will and Xander the whole time. And apparently, they tolerate it! There's one boy in Grace's class named Jared who apparently tries to hang on her everyday and according to Grandma Ellen, Grace's exact words were "Get off me!" That's my girl, not taking anything from any stinkin' boy!!
Also, we've had to have discussions about who you can and cannot marry. It took them a while to understand that you can't marry someone you are related to. They wanted to marry me, and I said they can't because I'm 1) already married and 2) related to them. They finally got around to asking if they could marry Jessica (the babysitter) because "we're not related to her". That was another discussion about how you should marry someone close to your own age. Xander decided he would marry Malayah, a girl in his class, coincidentally one of the girls that hangs on him all the time. Our neighbor girl, Nyah, who also takes piano lessons from me, has totally planned her wedding to Will. I hear it's quite detailed. I'm not sure Will knows about this, though.
It begins already....1st grade should be interesting!!
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment