Will, Carter, Xander and Camden before the show.
Doing the Chicken Dance before the show starts.
Grace, Grandma Ellen and Callan.
The dancing elephant.
A nice Shriner who let us take his picture!
Clowns!

Trapeze!
All the cousins in front of the capitol!
Don't you love the "Occupy Lincoln" tents on Centennial Mall? I can't believe they're still there. It's been so long!
The Shriners in Lincoln are very generous and always donate tickets to the circus to the Multiples Club. It happened that the day they offered us tickets was during Spring Break, so we were able to go! Since I'm the coordinator of the club, it was my job to order and hand out the tickets. I ended up exactly 4 extra tickets. So, I offered them to Ellen who happened to be watching Carter, Camden and Callan that day. We met up for lunch and then went down to Pershing for the show. It was pretty much the same as last year, the kids liked it OK, but weren't wowed. I think they enjoyed spending time with their cousins more than anything! It was a fun way to spend a spring break afternoon in gorgeous weather!
The rest of our spring break was filled with sickness, unfortunately! Xander had two days with 102 fever! Monday was pretty bad for him, he threw up all over in my car on the way home from eating lunch at McDonald's with Curt. Tuesday, they all went to a Husker baseball game with Dale and Ellen and Xander was really sick that day and wasn't going to go. At the last minute, he decided to go, so I juiced him up with plenty of ibuprofen and asthma medicine and he got by. Wednesday we had friends over for lunch and playing. Thursday was the circus and Friday they spent some time with each Grandma, so I could go scrapbooking! It was a nice, relaxing spring break, the perfect kind!!
We've started another season of soccer. I'll post more about that with some pictures next week. Daddy is coaching the boys' team and after one practice, so far so good! We finished a round of swimming lessons at the Y, and they all are making progress. We need to keep going with more lessons, but I think it will wait until this summer and we'll do several sessions.
The kids have been spending lots of time outside, getting the bikes out, playing on the swing set, practicing soccer or t-ball and just playing. I love that I can trust them to just go and be anywhere outside for several hours. They will always ask before they go, but they love to go across the street and play with the neighbors, and I do let them (or let the neighbors come here). They will go play hide and seek or tag or just ride bikes together. They will disappear for several hours and be OK. I glance outside every once in a while, but they just go do their thing. Today, they played ouside for 2 hours while I was teaching piano before Grandma Pam showed up to get them. Saturday, they took a 2+ mile bike ride with Brian while he ran. That doesn't even make them tired anymore. They played ourside for several more hours that day, running, riding and having fun (although by the end of the day, they were exhausted! And Mommy needs to remember sunblock. 3 pink faced little kids on Monday!!)
That is all for now, I'll post more about soccer and a few other things later!! Enjoy the nice weather and spring time everyone!!








No comments:
Post a Comment