Thursday, May 17, 2012
Farm Program pics and our latest news
Here are some pictures from the farm program 2 weeks ago. Ellen took them for me while I was filming. Since I didn't have any other pictures to share, I thought I'd post these. If Xander doesn't look well in these pictures, it was because he wasn't well. It was super hot this day, but when we got home, he had a 103 fever. He started throwing up around 9 that night. Needless to say, he stayed home from school the next day.
We've been soooo busy here, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Two weeks ago was a week from you-know-where. I had two concerts at my schools and we were trying to prepare for a garage sale, plus the farm program, Xander's illness and all of our regular goings-on. It was nuts! The concerts at my schools went fine, and the sale was pretty good. Our Friday was great, Saturday was hot and windy and we didn't do much business, so we packed up early. The kids were a good help setting up and cleaning up, and I sold lots of clothes! Unfortunately, I got sick on Saturday night, flu or food poisoning, I don't know but I was pretty sick. Brian picked up the slack and got the kids to church in the morning and even taught Sunday school for me! I was able to drag myself to soccer that afternoon, and I'm glad I did. Grace scored 3 goals that game! The most aggressive little girl on her team was gone, so Grace and another girl were able to step up and get some scores. She played great. The boys are still pretty timid on the field, we're not sure why. Sometimes Will gets in there and kicks it, but doesn't follow his kick, he just stands and watches it. Brian thinks he scored a goal last week, but Will says he didn't.
School is winding down, only 5 days left, and only 10 days until we leave on our trip to Chicago. I think the kids are really going to have a good time. They will love all the museums and things we're taking them to. They really are city kids!
In other fun news, the boys are joining Boy Scouts. They were invited to the final den meeting of this year to see what it's all about to officially join in 1st grade. They had a ball. So, now they'll start going to meetings in September and do everything that goes along with. That is something Brian enjoyed as a kid, so he'll have fun doing those scouting-type things with the boys. Grace has shown some interest in Girl Scouts, but she can't do that until the fall. We'll see if she's still interested then. She does start a dance class at an actual dance studio (not the Y) in June. I think she's excited for that. She knows a girl from school who goes there, so she'll have fun.
In my last bit of news, I got accepted to the University to work on my masters' degree in music education and I got a graduate teaching assistantship, too! So, that means I will be working and taking a class this summer! Right now, I am taking one class in the 1st five week session, which starts June 4th and goes until July 5th. Then, I'll be assisting in a class in July (I took this one a few years ago). So, I'm excited to do all this, but it will make for a busy summer. Good thing I won't have to worry a ton about childcare, as the kids will be in camps and bible school some of the weeks I have to go downtown!
We had a nice Mother's Day with my family, brunch at Firethorn, soccer games and pedicures (even Grace went, and didn't love it while we were doing it, but loved the end result!). We have celebrations with the Niebuhr's this weekend, so I may get some pictures then. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! More later!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment