Here's pictures of the boys playing flag football. It's going well, I think they enjoy it. There have only been a couple of small downsides, one is that it's been so HOT at the games, really miserable. And the other is that the games are on Tuesday evenings, around 5:30 or 5:45. It's made for some really early or late dinners, and lots of rushing around. However, we are half done. The boys actually did really well tonight. Xander scored a touchdown and Will got a couple flags on defense. It's been a good experience for them, I think. However, Brian and I don't believe there is really a future in football for them, but this has just been a fun thing to do.
Fall soccer is in full swing, too. They are all doing super this time! I think they're finally starting to get it. The boys' coach is the same coach from t-ball, so they have a good rapport with him. Grace's coach is nice, even though he's a new to her. About half the girls on her team are from another school, so she really only knows 2 other girls. I'm glad to say the boys both scored their first goals (ever) in a game, on Sunday! They were sooooo proud of themselves. Xander decided he would get 2 goals the next time. I also overheard this on the way home from that game: (taking a big drink of Gatorade) "Wow, Gatorade tastes so much better after you've scored a goal in soccer." Will was also proud of his goal, although didn't brag about it quite as much as Xander did. We are thinking in the spring we probably will do recreational soccer instead of micro soccer. Right now, micro soccer is one meeting a week, 25 minute practice and 30 minute game. Recreational soccer is two meetings a week, one practice and one game. Plus they start to play on a bigger field and actually learn positions and plays. I think now they're about to take it to the next level and actually learn some of the rules of soccer. Fall was just too busy to add a once a week soccer practice and game to the mix!
More exciting things are happening. All the kids joined Boys Scouts and Girl Scouts. The boys actually have their first event this Saturday, where they get to shoot archery and BB guns. They're really excited. I go for a parent meeting for Girl Scouts on Thursday, so I'll get all the info then. Just letting you all know you'll be getting hit up for popcorn and Girl Scout cookie sales this year. Scouts are expensive, if you didn't know! I spent almost $150 on just the boys' basic uniforms, plus it's another couple hundred in dues and registration fees. I'm sure Girl Scouts will be the same. I know they'll enjoy it, but jeez!! Grace started dance up again, in the same type of class as last time, only on Saturdays this time. I started up my piano lessons and the kids are doing well in theirs. Our normal Thursday bell choir rehearsal started back up this week. I've had to keep a dry erase calendar on the fridge just to keep our weekly schedule organized. It's really helping, otherwise we would never remember everywhere we have to be. There's a nasty rumor that Brian may be having to go out of town next week for work, so I am going to potentially go crazy. I am also co-chair of the Fun Night committee at the kids' school and Fun Night is next week! So, I'm scrambling trying to get things ready for that. Busy times, but it's all fun. That's all for now!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment