Here are their school pictures. Just thought I would share them!
Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. There always seems to be so much to do, that blogging is far down on the list. Not to mention I have been a terrible photographer lately. I have very few pictures of the kids since Halloween. But, here are a few I do have. The multiples club annual Christmas party was last weekend. For the 4th year, I was in charge of it, so the few weeks leading up to it, were very busy. But, the kids always seem to have fun at it. I did snap a few pictures with my kids in it! They got their pictures professionally taken with Santa, and I need to order some so everyone can see them. They turned out great and the kids all talked to Santa.
Here are a few other things that have been going on:
It seems that Grace and Will are in a naughty phase right now. They really have been very defiant, stubborn and generally poor listeners. Consequently, there have been a lot of lost privileges in this house lately (Xander, surprisingly enough, seems to have gone through this phase last year so is currently acting pretty darn good!) The Elf on the Shelf that returned over Thanksgiving weekend seems to not be helping (i.e. they don't care if Santa gets bad reports each night). The amount of yelling, back-talking and general naughtiness from those two has been astounding and Brian and I have been on a short fuse lately. Of course, they are great at school and pretty good for most everyone else, so I feel like they're just testing their limits and developing their personalities. But, man are there some frustrating times!!
One bright spot is that they have been playing and practicing the piano quite well this semester. I'm pleased with how well they're doing. They have a Christmas recital tomorrow afternoon, so I'll tape it and upload it next week so you can all see it. They are also doing great in school. Their 1st quarter report cards were great and I've gotten some mid-2nd quarter reports that have also been great. Still reading well and doing great in challenge math class. We've still been trudging along with Boy/Girl Scouts, Cherub Choir at church and Grace's dance class on Saturdays. We've settled into a nice routing during the week, so that is helpful. The kids are still enjoying their two babysitters, Jessica and Amber, both college students. Jessica comes every Wednesday when I'm at school late for Chorus. Amber comes every Tuesday when I have meetings, and they both come any other days I need. I appreciate having people I can trust, and that the kids like, here when I can't be here after school.
We are all looking forward to Christmas. The kids have been enjoying doing Christmasey things like shopping, wrapping presents and watching Christmas movies. Home Alone and The Santa Clause seem to be the favorites this year. I like winter because of movie nights by the fireplace, and I think the kids are also enjoying that tradition!
That's all for now. Look for pictures of Christmas activities coming this week and next. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!




No comments:
Post a Comment