Monday, March 04, 2013

Babysitting

We got to babysit Sebastian and Tobias the other night. Here are some pictures of the kids playing with them. Will had a fun time entertaining Tobias. Tobias is in the stage where he giggles and laughs at almost anything, and Will got a kick out of it. He played peek-a-boo with him for a long time and handed him toys when he threw them.
 


 Grace and Xander entertained Sebastian with trains in the basement.


 Saturday  morning was Will's big district Pinewood Derby race. He was pretty excited and felt special to be able to go by himself. His car did really well compared to last time, in fact, he shaved .2 seconds of his time. But, alas, it wasn't good enough to place or get a trophy this time. There were some fast cars! Scroll down to the pictures below to see how many cars there were racing! Amazing! I think almost 300 racers in all.



 
It's hard to believe February is over and it is March already and we're looking ahead to spring things starting. We go back to regular piano lessons this week, their teachers' maternity leave is over. The kids have been working hard on songs for the spring piano festival and recital. I really challenged them with the songs this semester and we've had some resistance, but they are so proud of themselves when they get it! We're all signed up for spring soccer so practices will start soon for that. I think the first soccer game is later this month! We could be playing in snow and cold, we'll have to see!  I also have parent teacher conferences with the kids' teachers this week, so I'll be able to report to you on that later. That's about all the news I have to report. We're looking forward to spring break next week, so I'm sure I'll have pictures of all our fun things (actually we will have a pretty low key week, but I think it will be nice to have some down time!) More later!

No comments: