Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Long overdue posting about stuff from October
So, I apologize for my lack of posting this fall. Working full-time has been really kicking my butt. I am just barely keeping my head above water between work, teaching piano and all the activities the kids have to do. I'm afraid blogging has been a low priority (along with cleaning the house, apparently, because that hasn't gotten done much lately, either). However, there is an end in sight. The long-term sub I am doing ends in 3 short days. Then after the holiday break, I am back to subbing on an as-needed basis and will have much more free time!
These are pictures from the kids back in October, the 19th to be exact. The kids played in the state piano festival. Remember, they played in the district one in April and got really good scores. So they qualified to play at state. Well, they did another amazing job! The judges were tougher and their songs were harder, but they all got I- and improved their theory test scores. Xander got above a 90% on his! We were super proud of them and they even got trophies. They are doing a nice job on piano. After the first of the year, I am going to be their piano teacher. This will just be a temporary thing, hopefully. They are also starting to talk about new instruments, so I think after the first of the year we will look into getting them started on something else. Grace is talking about the violin and Will, cello. Xander is undecided as usual, but we'll figure something out for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment