




Well, unfortunately, we have been sick again. Will has had it the worst. Last weekend, he started coughing again. We started nebulizer treatments back up, but by Tuesday he was coughing and wheezing very badly. So, back to Dr. Swisher we went. This time he sent us home on steroids (prednisone) to help with the inflammation and we were to continue the nebulizer. Well, Wednesday morning Will woke up much, much worse. I was so worried, in fact, that we almost took a trip to the hospital. But, he improved with a treatment and a dose of the steroids, so we didn't go. We did however call the doctor, and they told us to bring him back in. So, back we went for the second day in a row. Dr. Swisher gave him some heavy duty antibiotics in case it was a bacterial thing, and instructed me to do nebulizers around the clock every 4 hours. Which meant, I had to wake Will up three times during the night to give him a treatment. The first night he cried during the whole treatment. But the other nights, he actually fell asleep on my lap. What a trooper! Glad to report that he is MUCH better now. The medicine is all finished, but we are still doing some nebulizers, although not at night anymore. Grace has also been getting some nebulizer treatments for her cough, but no other medicines. I think she is almost better. Knock on wood, Xander hasn't been sick at all.
Other news? There's not much. Still trying to walk and stand better. They are improving, but it just takes time. We're also still learning to drink from tippy cups. I'm afraid with all the illness we've had, I just haven't spent as much time on teaching them as I should have. We are going to try really hard this week and hopefully in a week or two we can replace a bottle once a day with a tippy cup. Xander has started giving kisses. It is so funny. If you ask him "can I have a kiss?" He'll open his mouth, press it to your cheek and make a sort of kissing noise. Grace has also started trying to do the actions to her favorite song, "Itsy Bitsy Spider." She loves that song. Will is starting to stand more, and he is almost able to balance for a second or two. Soon, hopefully! Happy to report vegetables are going better! I'm glad about that. They have enjoyed several pasta dishes last week. Good stuff.
Pictures:
Top: all three examining the outside and wondering why they can't go out there.
Second: Grace driving the car talking on her cell phone. Isn't she too young to start that?
Third: Xander trying to escape down the hall.
Fourth: All three of them emptying all the drawers in the kitchen they can. This happens several times a day!
Bottom: Will with a big smile, pre-illness.
No comments:
Post a Comment