Monday, November 12, 2007

Who's Who?




All three of the kids got a haircut on Friday. With the boys' hair cut so short, it is a little hard to tell them apart. They have the same haircut and if you're looking at the top or back of their head, there's a good chance you'll call them by the wrong name (I have been). If they're dressed alike, forget about it! On a good note, Grace's hair looks much better and isn't so wild. I don't have to pull it back everyday. That curly hair is going to be a lot of work! The top picture is of them standing side by side and they really do look a lot alike! Will is on the left in case anyone is in doubt!
Well, sorry to say, they're STILL sick. I think they got hit with a new virus last week, as they are running fevers and coughing more/still. Even Grace has been needing albuterol treatments this week because of her coughing. I've been up at night the last few nights giving one of the boys treatments, so we may need a trip to the doctor this week, probably for Will. He's got it the worst, as he always does. Poor kid, he just coughs all the time and it NEVER goes away!
I've started to lose track of all the new things they are saying lately. Their language has just started to explode. I am hearing new words daily, and lots of times, two words are put together. It's kind of neat to hear them say something new or learn new things. We were at the mall last week, and Xander looked at a 4 wheeler on display and said "traker" (tractor). I think it's amazing how he's trying to generalize these pictures he sees in his books at home. A moment of brilliance followed by a not so brilliant moment. (see bottom picture). This is of Xander sitting in the toy stroller. I don't know how he fit his butt into it, but he was awfully proud. The funniest part about that is that just before I took the picture, Will tried to push him. The stroller didn't move and looked like it was going to collapse, so he gave up, but it was hilarious watching him try!
Speaking of moments of brilliance, Will has really started coming along in his language and he even learned a new word BEFORE the other two (that hasn't happened before). I checked out a train book at the library on Wednesday. On Thursday morning, he brought it to me, pointed to the train on the cover and said "too-too" (choo-choo). I was so excited. Of course, now the other two can say it and after reading the book several times Grace says "cubby" (caboose), but it was still a victory for Will!
They had a big weekend. Since it was my birthday, we had a family dinner on Friday with everyone. Then Saturday, they spent the day and night with grandma and grandpa Niebuhr. Sunday, we had a bell choir concert at church, so they spent the morning at grandma and grandpa Hoefs'. That evening, we had dinner with the Hoefs at Firethorn. We don't ever take them out to sit-down places. So, they were really good, especially because the restaurant was so slow we were there almost 2 hours! So, we are going to lay low for the next few days, try to get rested and healthy. And, not catch any new bugs so we don't have the same problem on Thanksgiving like we did last year! More after Thanksgiving next week!

No comments: