So, here's some more video of them dancing. I took this over the weekend. The song is called "Dancing Machine". You dance like common machines: washing machine, egg beater, oil well, robot, airplane, and train. My favorite is when they try to do jerky movements like a robot. It's hilarious. Will still took some drink breaks, he drinks so much! Notice they're wearing the same outfits as the last time I took video of them. I promise, they do own other clothes. The only difference is that Brian put the boys in the wrong outfits....he said they chose which ones to wear (yeah, right. I think he just can't remember which outfit belongs to which boy.). Enjoy!
We visited the follow-up clinic at the NICU on Monday. All in all, a very good report. She thought they were doing wonderfully, right on target for their age. They did all sorts of things for the doctor, (willingly, I might add!). She had them putting together puzzles, drawing, playing catch, answering questions, imitating different shaped towers she built, and lots of other things. The only thing that confused them in identifying "biggest" vs. "big". We'll work on that. We did storytime twice this week, once on Tuesday night for family story time, Brian went with us. And once on Wednesday. Storytime on Wednesday was about "imagining" and the first story was called "The Big Brown Box". Well, it also just happened that Grandma Ellen had a gigantic cardboard box at her house and they were so excited when they saw it "Just like the book, mommy" Grace said. Apparently, they spent all afternoon on Wednesday playing in it. Xander told me he fell asleep in it. Come to find out, he took his nap in it. They colored on it, and pretended it was all sorts of things, but most commonly, it was a McDonald's drive thru. They freely handed out french fries and chicken nuggets.
Grandma Ellen graciously watched the kids again Thursday morning while I had a dr. appt. Tomorrow we have a playdate with Hannah and Haylea, then we are looking forward to warmer weather this coming week. Outside, here we come! Will has himself a bit of a cold, runny nose and all that. So far, his cough is not too bad. I think Grace may also be picking it up, I've noticed a slightly runny nose. I hope it doesn't last too long.
The night-time potty training for the boys is not going well. We started putting Will in underwear and a cover, but he is still waking up wet/soaked. I've been washing his sheets pretty much every day. We're also pretty sure now that he's peeing in his sleep, as is Xander (although we still have him in diapers). I spoke with the doctor about it at the clinic on Monday. She said there's pretty much nothing we can do about it right now. I am hoping that time will take care of it. Will's little bottom has a pretty bad rash on it from sitting in pee at night. We have him back in diapers for a little while until the rash heals, we'll try again later. Anyone have any brilliant ideas? Well, that's all for now. Have a great weekend, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment