
Grace and Suzie
Will with Andy.
Xander with Rocky.

Reading the bears stories on the couch.

So, my dad was in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago and brought the kids these little bears from the airport. They love these bears! Brian helped them name them and now they treat them like another set of triplets in the house. They go EVERYWHERE with them (except when I draw the line and don't let them take them.) They read them stories, take them on rides in the cars/strollers/shopping cart, make them do chores and, sadly, put them in time out. I guess even stuffed bears are naughty sometimes. Today, they took them onto the front porch for fresh air (see last picture), because it was too cold and windy to go play. They call them by name and will say "goodbye" to them if we're leaving to go somewhere. They will also start saying "Rocky, I'm home." or "don't worry Suzie, I'm coming." when we drive up our street, coming home. Silly kids!
It was a busy beginning to the week, then the end of the week let up a little bit. We did hit the park several times this week, as the weather early on was GREAT! We love spring weather. The kids had a good time, ran off a lot of energy and are back to taking 2 1/2 - 3 hour naps (well, the boys at least. Grace never sleeps longer than 2 hours). They've been so good out in public lately. I can take them anywhere I need to run errands. It's kind of nice knowing they'll behave and I can get things done. However, the second we get home or in the car, they start fighting and whining again, so it must just be for my benefit that they do it. They must know I love the whining!
Not a lot of noteworthy things have been happening lately. They are just becoming more and more like kids rather than toddlers. They say super grown up things that amaze us and are losing their baby looks more and more. People have even been commenting how tall they are. I've been buying some summer clothes for the boys in bigger boy sizes, and not toddler sizes. (Which I'm kind of sad about, since they're more expensive.) They've all almost able to write the first letter of their names, they count objects pretty well now. If you give them 5 ducks and ask them to point and count, they can do it. They used to move their mouths faster than their fingers, and would end up saying there were 9 ducks, instead of 5. We've been working on mastering scissors and it is amazing to me how fast they're learning how to use a computer. They have that little Thomas computer from Kara at Christmas, and they're really good with the mouse. They are enjoying large floor jigsaw puzzles and can do those by themselves, too. Night-time potty training has not really changed. Will occasionally wakes up dry, we just hope it becomes more frequent. We talk about it all the time. We're just still trying to be patient.
So, I think that's about all. We're helping Oma and Opa move into their new house this weekend, but other than that, I think it will be a quiet weekend with lots of outside time if the weather cooperates. Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks for looking!
No comments:
Post a Comment