




Here's a couple of pictures from our trip to the children's museum a couple of weeks ago. They have a new interactive jungle display. The kids have fun wearing hats, binoculars and backpacks and walking around exploring the animals. My camera battery died, otherwise I would have taken a lot more pictures. It would make a cute scrapbook page!
We've been out and about a lot this week, now that everyone finally feels better! I think I mentioned that Xander had a lot of tests done last week. I finally heard from the doctor and all the tests came back normal. There's nothing wrong with him, which is good. So, the recent throwing up was probably still residual effects from the virus, and the throwing up in January and early Feb was probably just overeating or a touch of something. The doctor wants to know if if he throws up anymore, if he does they'll do more upper GI tests, which are more invasive. But, for now, everyone is over the viruses and has their appetites back (as evidenced by the 4 bowls of cereal, each, they're eating for breakfast every morning!)
Most of our time out this week has been spent at Oma and Opa's house helping them and Grandma Ellen prepare for their garage sale. Luckily the weather cooperated on Thursday and we were able to play outside while helping with the sale. (And the sale did brilliantly, by the way.) We also went to church on Monday to talk to the preschool director and get them signed up for preschool in the fall. The director is Karen, one of the ladies that came over once a week to help me when the kids were babies. She is great, and while the kids don't really remember her, she remembers them and is thrilled to have them in preschool (and she has room for all three of them in one class!) I have no idea what will happen with my going back to work (I hear there are some openings in LPS, so I think my chances are good). But, we decided to go ahead and enroll them anyway and try to work out details of additional childcare if and when I get hired. We'll go for a visit to the preschool later this spring, I think it is going to be great for them.
The kids have been very into helping lately. So, we've started giving them jobs, like clearing and setting the table, putting silverware into the dishwasher or taking it out and sorting it and picking up around the house (more than just their toys). We figure we might as well start them early on chores so then they won't ever remember a time when they didn't have chores to do. Their other new thing is the making up of words. It's getting worse, or better, depending on how you look at it. Their made up words are more creative, but they way them ALL the time. Xander even inserts them into songs "Rasher, rasher, rash. Rasher, rasher, rash. Hi Ho the Derrrio, the rasher, rasher, rash." They will also throw something, or hit something and say "I sponked it!" of "I tinked you." I don't know if this is good or bad, but it's happening a lot, though.
Grace is doing marvelously with no diaper at night, only one accident since we've been doing it. We decided just to put Will in underwear at night to see what happens. He can wake up dry, he just doesn't. So far, he hasn't woken up dry ever, but we're hoping it's just a matter of time until he figures it out. I am getting tired of changing sheets on the bed, so let's hope it's not too long. I'll try to get more video of them dancing, I've heard that people were amused by the last video. More soon! Thanks for checking up on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment