Does that mean they're jumping rope? You be the judge. These ropes came from Uncle Nick and Meagan for Easter.
So, we've had a nice week. We've gotten out quite a bit this week. The weather was good in the first of the week, so we hit the park and played outside a lot. We also got to the library twice for storytimes. After going to this new storytime for 4 months now, they're finally feeling comfortable enough to sing, dance and do the actions of rhymes in storytime. I guess they have to feel really comfortable somewhere before they'll do those things! We also had a nice lunch at the mall on Tuesday with my grandparents in from Superior. Boy do they know how to spoil those kids. A yummy lunch, then a ride on a carousel. They don't get that kind of treatment from Brian and I. Thanks Papa and Betty!
Grace did something funny last week. One of the boys had hit her and she was mad about it. She was laying on the floor and crying for quite a long time. I was washing dishes, and getting really annoyed at the crying. So, I told her if she wanted to cry to go into her bedroom, and if she was going to stay in the living room that she had to stop crying. A second later, she stopped crying. I thought to myself "OK, that works!" Another second later, I heard loud wailing coming from the general direction of her bedroom. So, she really must have wanted to cry! Brian and I died laughing. The next day, she was crying about something again. I heard her crying in the living room, then it stopped, a second later, the crying was coming from her bedroom. I guess she's making a habit now of crying from the bedroom. She only stays there for less than a minute, then comes back out as if nothing was wrong. Funny!
The boys have little colds this week, just enough to set the coughing off. So, lots of albuterol treatments and Kleenex. When Xander has a runny nose, boy does he have a runny nose! The boys are still enjoying playing "Horsey" but now they do it on each other. Will is quite strong and gives Xander rides all the time. I have some pictures I can post of that later. One other piece of news (good news), Will is on a waking up dry in the morning streak. Two days in a row, one longer than any other streak! Let's hope we're headed in the right direction. I'll let you know in a few weeks!
In true Niebuhr fashion (meaning the big nerd/geek fashion), the kids have started asking how to add numbers. Mostly it's just "Mommy, what does 2 and 2 make?" They can remember several, like 1+1, 2+2, 4+4, 5+1, 5+2, you get the idea. Today Grace asked me "Mommy, what does 4 and 4 make?" I answered "eight". Then, "Mommy what does 8 and 8 make?" I said "16." Then, "What does 16 and 16 make?" After I said "32" I stopped that game because it would have started taking me a while to figure out those higher numbers!
So, that's about all. Have a good week everyone. Enjoy the spring weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment