



Saturday, even though it was a cold, very windy day. The triplets, Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr and Carter braved the nasty weather and went to Ameritas for an easter egg hunt. They got treats, saw the Easter Bunny and then hunted for eggs outside. Then, the lucky kids got to have lunch at the mall. They had a great time, and here are the best pictures from all that Ellen took. My favorite one is all 4 kids looking out the window of Dale's office on the 3rd floor. Carter is as small compared to the triplets as he used to be!
Our other news isn't too exciting. We have been suffering the effects of cold, snowy, rainy, windy weather. There have only been a handful of nice days in the last 3 weeks to go outside. To pass the time, we have gone to all the places we frequent: the museum, indoor playground, and library. We also have 2 mall outings planned in the next 5 days. So, all I have to say is that the weather better get nice fast, I can't take it much more! With the cabin fever they've had lately, we think they get bored in the house, and you know what happens when kids are bored. They fight!!! The fighting has been unbearable lately. They lay on each other, take each others' toys, hit, kick, etc. Time out has been a popular place lately. If the weather is even remotely warm, we go outside and ride bikes. They're able to ride all around the block on their tricycles now, and we have a HUGE block. It's a big accomplishment for them when they get all the way around.
I realized I haven't posted anything about potty training lately. That's because I think we've finally overcome that hurdle! No one really has any accidents anymore. Will has only pooped his pants once in the last month. Everyone wakes up dry from naps. The only thing is the night time. The boys are still waking up wet. However, Will has stopped his habit of peeing in this diaper when he wakes up. So, the wetness of his diaper is all happening during his sleep. I think I'll wait a month or two more before we try again on the night training thing. I don't think there's much I can do about it if they are peeing in their sleep. Xander may prove to be a challenge in this respect. He is like his dad and refuses to get out of bed in the morning, so the accidents will probably be frequent. Actually, Xander is proving to be a challenge in most departments lately. He is constantly telling us "NO" when we ask him to do something. He spends a good deal of time in time-out everyday. He frustrates us, no question!
That's about all for now. I'll have lots of great pictures from this weekend's Easter celebrations. Another several egg hunts, and lots of family time on Sunday. Take care everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment